Financial Planning & Analysis Manager- Galway
Exciting new opportunity within our Finance division, we are looking to hire an experienced Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to lead a team of 3 FP& A accountants based in our Galway office. This role reports directly to Chief Financial Officer.
This FP & A Manager will be leading a team that is responsible for managing the operational planning, forecasting and performance management (QBR) cycle for several businesses (operating as a Centre of Excellence).
You and your team will analyse, challenge, validate and present management information to the businesses that will help to create challenging business goals, maximise business performance and inform decision making throughout the planning and performance cycle.
You will add value through your ability to understand the links between business activities and business performance, challenge constructively, give early warning of performance issues and recommend remedial action and/or ways to maximise business performance.
You will further add value through your ability to build relationships across all areas of the organisation and coordinate seamless delivery of all requirements
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Leading and coordinating the development and delivery of the following, in accordance with Group/Regional protocols and timetables:
- Annual Business Operating Plan
- QBR information packs (results, performance analyses and commentary, forecast outturns, cashflow etc.)
- Quarterly Forecasting process
- Monthly MI packs for internal business customers and CFO
- Centrally ensuring the financial content of the Operating Plan, Forecasts, monthly MI packs and QBR packs is timely, accurate, complete, based on reasonable commercial data or assumptions, and provides a true picture of the performance position or aspiration and associated risks/issues
- Engaging with Finance Business Partners and/or business leaders to develop challenging and commercially sound business plans that will deliver the required business goals and fit with overarching regional/group goals and priorities
- Engaging with Finance Business Partners and/or business leaders to facilitate understanding and interpretation of MI and its implications for business performance and to develop action plans to remedy underperformance and/or maximise opportunities to enhance performance
- Engaging with the CFO and others as necessary to ensure they are fully informed and aware of the performance position prior to QBR meetings with region or Group
- Leading and/or contributing to a wide variety of projects and initiatives as required
- Contributing to the production of reports and presentations
- Developing or recommending action to raise standards and improve operational effectiveness and consistency through process, technology and/or people capability development
- Leading, motivating and developing a team to deliver high quality outputs in the most effective ways while ensuring their personal and professional development
- Conducting team performance appraisals and reviews on a regular basis
- Adherence to RSA timetables and protocols for operation planning, monthly MI and QBR cycles
- CFO, Finance BP and/or internal business customer feedback on:
- Reliability and relevance of management information provided
- Quality and commercial appropriateness of insight and recommendations
- Foresight and ability to provide early warning and minimise surprises or spot opportunities
- Added value e.g. savings or performance enhancements
- Understanding of business goals, priorities and circumstances
- Presentation of information (oral, written and graphic)
- Accuracy and timeliness
- Capability and development of FP&A team members e.g.:
- Ability to choose and use a range of financial tools, techniques and software packages
- Business and Subject matter knowledge and expertise
- ACA, ACCA OR CIMA qualified
- Previous experiences within Financial Services or Insurance is an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ PQE
- Strong people managements experiences is essential
- May have operational and/or management experience in other business areas besides Finance
- Proven ability to work with the business to understand and interpret the practical business implications of financial data
- Proven ability to anticipate business performance issues/opportunities and recommend appropriate action
- Must demonstrate full compliance with all legal requirements and all relevant RSA policies.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.