Financial Planning & Analysis - Galway
Exciting new career opportunity to join our highly skills and experienced finance team in Galway. We are looking for a newly qualified or 1 years PQE to join our Financial Planning & Analysis Team. This an excellent role to gain exposure to a working as part of an FP&A Centre of Excellence supporting the requirements of Group, other local entities/businesses and the Finance Business Partnering team.
As the Financial Planning & Analysis you will spend your time collecting, analysing, modelling, interpreting, forecasting and reporting on information, for business performance planning and management purposes.
You will have the opportunity to use and develop your skills in a variety of applications, ranging from investigating and trouble-shooting actual or suspected performance issues to working on corporate transactions.
This may include working across different countries and associated law and regulatory regimes. You will add value through your ability to understand and communicate with others about business performance in a commercial context.
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Communicating and liaising with Finance Business Partners, other business representatives and/or other members of the finance team as necessary in order to investigate performance, develop opportunities, maintain alignment and share information
- Supporting Finance Business Partners in discussions with the business by developing reports and/or performing analysis to identify performance issues or support insight requirements
- Providing analytical support to the Finance Business Partners for decisions regarding investment cases and key business developments
- Carrying out financial and data analysis and compiling reports for various business purposes including:
- Monitoring and management of business and financial performance
- Input to strategic planning, operational planning, forecasting and QBR processes
- Development or assessment of business cases, capital requests and similar to ensure strategic fit and commercial feasibility
- Adhering to internal service levels which have been agreed for the Centre of Excellence and the services it is providing to customers
- Gathering, validating and compiling quantitative and qualitative information and data, from multiple internal and/or external sources to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Analysing financial and business data and information using a variety of proven statistical and other analytical techniques to identify trends, anomalies, gaps, etc.
- Interpreting financial information to determine causality, significance, business impact or implications and developing advice or recommendations for action to be approved by others
- Preparing forecasts and reports on a regular or ad hoc basis to meet the needs of internal customers and stakeholders, within agreed timescales
- Ensuring information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible format appropriate for the audience in question Contributing to a wide variety of projects and initiatives potentially including internal reviews, development initiatives and corporate transactions
- Running and/or contributing to the development of financial models, forecasts and analytical processes to meet business needs.
- Continuously monitoring of, and reporting on, the external marketplace to feed into team processes and outputs
- Contributing to the production of communications and presentations for external stakeholders
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to choose and use a range of analytical tools, techniques and software packages
- Timely delivery of reports and/or analysis
- Quality and consistency of interpretation and insight provided
- Business, Financial or Statistical degree or equivalent, may also have MBA or equivalent higher level qualification
- May have a broad business experience, ideally in a mix of financial and business roles within the insurance sector
- Experience of working with senior people in a challenging commercial context
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Must demonstrate full compliance with all legal requirements and all relevant RSA policies.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.