Head of Customer Service Operations - Dublin/ Galway
Exciting new role to head up our Customer Service Operations Team. This positions as Head of Customer Service Operations will leads and is ultimately responsible for the delivery of service and retention to our Intermediary, Affinity and Direct customers.
You will develop and manage the performance of a team of experienced & high performing customer service operational leaders and ensure they have the resources they need to succeed. You will need to be an experienced leader of operations and people, experienced in integrating different activities to produce seamless service, while meeting challenging retention, service, efficiency, effectiveness and business improvement targets.
You will also need to be good at creating powerful employee engagement and keeping people motivated in a tough and demanding environment.
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Your primary responsibility is to deliver high levels of customer service through developing, leading and managing a high performing service and operations team.
- Develop a team of service leaders, applying specific training and development interventions, to establish the capability and credibility needed to service customers, brokers, affinity partners while also supporting each team member’s wider, ongoing personal and professional development.
- Lead and motivate the team to fully exploit their capabilities and RSA’s investment in training and development to ensure delivery of the required standards of excellence in service and operational performance now and in the future.
- Manage the team to ensure that resources (people, finances, information, technology, etc.), processes, capacity and control frameworks are appropriate to the required standards of operational excellence and best practice, operating effectiveness and efficiency, and Group, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work with marketing, claims and underwriting managers to ensure aligned and coordinated planning, marketing, service delivery and retention activities.
- Lead the development and implementation of the operations strategy, operating model and roadmap for delivering Brilliant Service and achieving retention targets in line with wider business, sales and IT strategy and guidelines.
- Performance of team and its individual members in achieving monthly retention & service targets
- Team application of service & operations best practice
- Team operating effectiveness and efficiency
- Team compliance with Group, legal and regulatory requirements
- Areas of responsibility Customer Service both front and back office activity.
- Responsibility to manage 123.ie third party relationships with Irish Life, Key Care, Home Assist, Kennco and Irish Life Health.
- Representing Operations team 123.ie at weekly pricing meetings with the pricing team to review rate plan and implementation of decisions.
- Active constructive Participation in the Senior management team across 123 and RSA as appropriate
- To positively contribute towards the strengthening of the business model with regular constructive challenge and proposal of innovative options to ensure that the business build their strategic competitive advantage
- Ensuring that there is a strong succession planning framework in the sales and operations department and focus on the development of a high-performance team
- Masters or Degree in Business Management or Marketing or relvent degree
- Experience of leading large teams of people engaged in diverse operational activities
- Lead competent and motivated managers
- Through those managers, lead teams to achieve on target results
- Experience of developing operational processes, technologies and people
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.