Head of Data - Dublin
Fantastic new role to lead our Data Team. This role as Head of Data is part of the senior leadership team of CIO organisation in RSA Insurance. The role will report directly to the Chief Information Officer. As the Head of Data, you will be responsible for leading the Data and Analytics Function.
This role will entail ensuring stakeholders across the business have access to the appropriate operational and financial data, generating value creating insights and ensuring the organisation adheres to data governance standards and controls. In addition, this role involves leading a team of Data professionals. As the Head of Data, you will be responsible for leading, engaging, motivating and developing this team of professionals.
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Responsible for operational data governance across all business systems including ensuring cross functional areas are discharging their roles and responsibilities
- Understanding of business processes and business objectives and help formulate data strategy accordingly and build consensus with business stakeholders
- Drive/influence Data Management & Governance, Data Architecture, Data Delivery and Data Analytics.
- Provide thought leadership in the data management space by establishing best practices and creating execution plan for the overall data strategy vision
- Design internal controls on data elements in line within RSA’s Data Management Policy.
- Lead and mentor the team to help them grow and become knowledgeable to execute independently in their respective domains
- Act as the Data Sponsor on all projects related to the Enterprise Data Management programs to capture business requirements and validate those requirements are met by the completion of each project
- Participate in strategic projects to ensure data governance standards for RSA are integrated into new initiatives and applications
- Feedback from key stakeholders and users of output from Data Team
- Value-add – clear demonstration of return on investments made in developing data capability
- Policy Management compliance – evidenced by reducing # of RAs, RPAs etc.
- Team Engagement
- On-time, to budget delivery of Data Projects
- Leads a team of Data Professionals comprising of both onshore and offshore resources
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years related information systems/data management experience
- 5+ years of people leadership
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Track record of delivering value to organisations in the Data & Analytical space
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.