Data Analyst - Dublin
Exciting new role for a Data Analyst to join our best in class Data Analysis team in Dublin.
This is a junior data analyst position in the Data Analytics team. It is business-facing role in a largely technical team. You will work with Commercial Underwriting data, providing MI and operational reports to internal stakeholders using the systems available within the team.
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Providing a link between the Commercial Lines stakeholders and the Data Analytics team. You will maintain the MI and operations tools for internal stakeholders in the underwriting function. You will work with portfolio managers and team leads to provide the business with up-to-date, accurate reports.
- Maintaining the tools used by the underwriting controls environment.
- You will work closely with the controls team to provide operations reports for the underwriting function.
- Improving current tools and utilising the systems in place in the Data Analytics team.
- Quantitative degree with a minimum result of 2.1 (Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering).
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate business needs into a data solution.
- Visual Basic and SQL are an advantage
- Fluency in English is necessary
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.