Commerical Underwriting - Galway
Exciting new career opportunity within the Insurance industry. We are currently hiring for a Commercial Underwriting to join our Underwriting Team in Galway for a 10 Month Contract. We are looking for individuals at entry level and are also looking for more experienced underwriters.
This role as Commercial Underwriter will involve underwriting cases within agreed processes and risk appetite, and with senior direction & guidance, to achieve business development and retention targets.
You will spend most of your time delivering underwriting decisions, referring cases outside personal authority limits, supporting more qualified colleagues and contributing to policy wordings and managing customer interactions. You will be desk-based working within a team and with other colleagues responsible for underwriting risks. You will have strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills.
We can offer you a vibrant and dynamic environment to work in, paid study days as you work towards or progress your insurance qualifications and most importantly a rewarding career in insurance.
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically
- Reviewing allocated cases and delivering underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Identifying non-standard or complex risks and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Supporting more qualified colleagues in the handling of non-standard cases in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Quality and levels of service provided
- Feedback from customers and colleagues
- Operational efficiency
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Previous experience of the insurance sector is highly desirable, although not essential
- Strong customer services skills, gained within professional environments
- Confident, enthusiastic and professional phone manner
- Ability to deal with Customers over the phone whilst recording accurate information on systems
- Working in a large multinational call centre would be an advantage
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel to an expert level
- APA qualification or working towards this CIP or higher would be an advantage.
- This role is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards (“The Standards”), issued under Section 50 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 and any subsequent amendments. The role holder must ensure they are fully aware of the Standards and in a position to fully comply with them at all times.
- “This role falls within scope of the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) and requires the jobholder to have attained or be working towards the status of ‘Qualified Person’ in the relevant function(s) e.g. personal lines, commercial lines and claims, or have attained a Statement of Grandfathered Status in the relevant function(s). A New Entrant working towards the status of ‘Qualified Person’ must be supervised by a Qualified Person or a Grandfathered Person. The status of ‘Qualified Person’ can be achieved through attaining the qualification of Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP), Accredited Product Advisor (APA), or Associate or Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII or FCII). The jobholder must also comply with all CPD requirements as outlined in the MCC. “
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.