Liability Claims Handler – Galway
We are currently expanding our Liability Team in Galway. This role as Liability Claims Handler will involve handling Injury or Liability cases using agreed claims processes to ensure appropriate reserving, achieve fair settlements and deliver business objectives.
You will spend most of your time, assessing information about a claim, implementing the appropriate strategy for that claim, managing customer interactions and liaising with suppliers, to proactively bring a claim to the right conclusion.
While the role is based in Galway, due to current guidelines there will be a requirement to be able to work both from home and in the office.
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Managing a portfolio of cases to ensure each case is reserved appropriately in line with RSAI’s case reserving methodology.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of cases to achieving settlement, within designated personal authority level, in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Referring claims falling outside limits of personal authority to others promptly, in line with agreed referral procedures.
- Assessing claims against relevant criteria and experience to identify actual or potential issues and involving others as
- appropriate to minimise leakage and protect the interests of the business.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Organising and using approved internal and/or external suppliers to drive proactive settlement of claims.
- Helping and contributing towards the development of less experienced colleagues to raise standards and expertise across the team. Contributing to the identification of and research into new product and proposition development
- opportunities to ensure the claims components are feasible and appropriate to the target customer.
- Supporting Portfolio and Sales & Marketing colleagues by providing identifying improvements to policy wordings and supporting client reviews.
- To work always within your individual claims handling license.
- To help achieve departmental performance targets on Direct Settlements, Injuries Board acceptance rates, Compliance Diagnostics.
- To identify and maximize opportunities for the profitable development of the business through involvement in new business pitches.
- To have a full understanding of relevant legislation and market agreements/developments.
- To adhere at all times to Claims Best Practice.
- APA Qualification and progressing towards CIP/ACII preferred
- Claims handling or technical experience in an insurance environment
- Customer service experience in financial services industry
- To hold an APA Qualification and progressing towards CIP/ACII preferred. Must maintain CPD
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011.
- Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as
- set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act. CF5&6.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.