Head of Innovation & Partner Service
Excellent new role for the Head of Innovations & Partner Service. This is a key role within our Innovations & Digtial Strategy for our Affinity and Brokers Partners.
This role is responsible for leading the core Innovation and Partner Service Programmes to deliver the strategic growth and change agenda across the RSA Ireland Business. In addition, this role will be responsible for stimulating an environment for innovation and entrepreneurship and supporting Commercial activities across the business.
You will work closely with the RSA Ireland Executive Team and Senior Leadership team to ensure implementation of new innovative strategic business projects and transfer of approved and tested innovation functionality across the business
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Supporting best practices. This involves scouting and standardising market research methods for novel ideas and insights; strategic innovation; promoting open innovation; and introducing group tools and processes that encourage creative thinking.
- Identifying new market spaces. This includes analysing trends and market disruptions and searching for emerging new market opportunities.
- Working directly with the Sales & Growth Leadership team, in addition to the wider RSA Ireland Senior Leadership Team
- Partnering with CEO to develop and leverage new and existing innovation functionality/concepts to be deployed across the business by pushing past boundaries.
- Engagement and cross-functional collaboration with Sales & Growth, Customer Operations, Claims, UW, IS/Tech & Digital.
- Oversight and ownership in leading the Digital programme
- Working in partnership with Director of Intermediary Channels to ensure customer engagement and strategic planning is aligned
- Support the Director of Intermediary Channels in managing the deployment of programs between the business and partners.
- Building the Innovation roadmap, leverage the current strengths of the business and centres of excellence to ensure innovative boundaries continue to span into other areas of the business
- Develop programme KPIs and visuals aligned with the needs of multiple stakeholders to embed effective impact measurement
- Design and embed the overall innovation project pipeline process across the business and governance of the process including improvements that continue to accelerate, build and improve on innovation delivery
- Taking ownership of current strategic innovation programmes/projects that are already inflight ensuring that deliverables are achieved
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders, including the RSA Ireland Executive Team & Senior Leaders across multiple areas of the business to support & enhance successful delivery across all programmes
- Engagement and work with key Affinity Partners to ensure the Innovation roadmap aligns to our customers strategic intent, aligning strategic synergies that deliver tangible shareholder value and deliver the best outcomes for our customers and our business
- Feedback from the RSA Ireland CEO and wider Executive team
- Implementation and success of agreed programmed
- Increased demand generation levels
- Customer experience and customer service scores
- Competitive Proposition development and successful implementation
- Proposition development and launch in the affinity and other channels
- Strategy development to expand footprint across all channels
- Stakeholder management: this is a highly collaborative position internally and externally
- Consistency, completeness, accuracy and relevance of insights produced
- Masters/Degree in Business or other relevant qualification
- 5 Year’s plus experience in a senior leadership position
- Strong track record of delivering strategic innovation programmes
- Self-driven and history of best in class execution and delivery
- Previous experience of working in a dynamic and forward thinking working environment
- Hands on approach to delivery
- Strong knowledge of technology and its development
- Effective Market and customer understanding
- Translating insight into opportunity and proposition
- Cross team leadership
- Outside in thinking reflected in initiatives that worked elsewhere and can be adapted for RSA Ireland
- Developing new strategic programmes and measuring their impact on the business and in the marketplace
- Leading a team to a well-articulated business strategy with clear goals set and met
- Bringing new external thinking to the business
- Constantly challenging the business to lead the industry in innovation and apply learnings from other industries
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.