RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Assistant Company Secretary
We’re excited about this opportunity to welcome an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join our team to cover an 11-month maternity leave.
This role is pivotal in ensuring we uphold best in class corporate governance standards and support the effective running of our Board, its Committees and Boards of our subsidiary and affiliate companies.
This role will involve managing our corporate governance framework, consulting and advising stakeholders domestically and across our international Group.
Reporting to the Head of Legal/Company Secretary, this exciting opportunity will provide fantastic exposure to one of Ireland’s leading insurance companies, engaging directly with senior management and the Board.
From a project perspective, we’ve lots of interesting content ranging from Mergers & Acquisitions to Legal, Tax and Finance related projects. At RSA teamwork and collaboration is key to our success and your customers and new team will include our Board, our Regulatory Risk, Procurement, Finance/Tax, Commercial and Personal Underwriting and People & Culture teams.
- Contributing to the management of the corporate governance structure for the RSA Ireland business, in line with evolving statutory, regulatory and best practice corporate governance requirements
- Providing company secretarial services to subsidiaries ensuring that relevant statutory requirements and corporate governance standards are maintained.
- Contributing to the provision to the Board, Committees and Executive Management of advice and guidance, either directly or through external providers, on all aspects of corporate governance including changes in law, regulation and best practice and advising senior management accordingly
- Managing the provision of a comprehensive secretarial and support services to the RSA business and its Committees, including production and dissemination of agendas, minutes, Board papers and statutory information and maintenance and retention of records and minutes required by statute or best practice. This will include engagement with senior management and with external partners including our auditors.
- Supporting Company projects as and when required e.g. M&A or corporate transactions.
- Monitor change to the Boards and the structure of regulated entities and advise Compliance of relevant changes to ensure these are actioned accordingly.
- Building & enhancing confidence and reputation with the Board, Committees and NEDs by delivering proactive, effective company secretarial support and tasks.
- Analysing and advising on emerging corporate law and corporate governance practice.
- Planning & potentially delivering training to the business in relation to relevant corporate governance developments
- Assisting where appropriate in resolving legal and non-regulatory compliance issues (including relating to Group Policies) in relation to business operations, escalating to Head of Legal where appropriate.
- Planning, managing and/or contributing to projects that support the development of the Legal and Co Sec function and capabilities, in line with business strategy and/or changes in the external market, law, regulation or best practice.
- 2 years experience within a Company Secretary or equivalent role is necessary
- Chartered Secretary or equivalent qualification or at a minimum progressing towards attaining a similar qualification is an advantage
- Previous experience of working in a legal environment, in private practice or inhouse is an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Experience of delivering corporate governance standards across global organisations
- Relevant management experience in a listed PLC is an advantage
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.