Data Analysis - MI Manager
RSA is building an industry leading and best in class Data Analytics function and we are looking to further strengthen our growing team. The Management Information (MI) Manager will lead a team of 4 Business Facing Analysts and offshored MI activities and report to the Head of Data Analytics.
The individual will have strong communication skills backed by solid technical capability. Proven experience successfully managing the delivery of Management Information across multiple business functions is a requirement.
The predominant focus of the role is managing and delivering analyses, but you will also interface with the Business at a senior level ensuring that they have all the Data, MI and Analytics required for them to operate at a best in class level. In addition to your team’s own ground up analyses you will leverage the newly created technical capability of the Data Analytics team and its central Data infrastructure. It will be very important that Business expectations are set and that service levels are maintained.
You will work in a team environment and will have personal responsibility for meeting the expectations of internal customers.
The ideal candidate will be curious, ambitious, hands on and delivery focused. You will have worked previously in a similar role, some management experience is preferred but not essential, and proven yourself to be a trusted provider of analyses, insights and guidance to Business stakeholders. You will have had significant exposure to data capture, processing and usage. Your analytical approach will be rigorous and your outputs best in class.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically
- Managing the execution, delivery and presentation of Management Information
- Managing a team of c.4 people and offshored MI activities
- Interacting with the business and representing the Data Analytics team
- Working with Developers to select the appropriate methods and tools to produce timely, accurate, insightful and focused MI
- Ensuring service levels to the Business are achieved and maintained and that corrective actions are taken where appropriate
- Defining information and business requirements to ensure insights are best in class
- Gathering business requirements for the creation of automated reports
- Leveraging the capability of the centralised Data Analytics team and associated infrastructure
- Identifying analytics projects and business improvement opportunities
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal customers
- Providing advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and/or experienced colleagues
- Representing the RSA Data Analytics team to raise Data Analytics knowledge and expertise across the Company
- 2 - 4 years in a similar role
- Previous management experience is preferred but not essential
- Proven experience as an Analyst providing high value add outputs to Business stakeholders is required
- Quantitate degree required (Math’s, Physics, Engineering, Data, Analytics) with a minimum result of 2.1
- Insurance experience required
- Programming experience is mandatory, VBA, SAS and SQL experience are strongly preferred
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants based on qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.