Commercial Motor Underwriter - Belfast
Exciting new career opportunity within the Insurance industry. We are currently hiring for our Commercial Motor Underwriting to join our expanding Underwriting Team in Belfast. We are looking for an individual at entry level and are also looking for more experienced Underwriters.
The role as Commercial Underwriter will involve building, maintaining and developing relationships with a portfolio of Accounts to secure profitable renewals and generate new business in line with agreed area/segment strategies, and underwriting the associated cases within agreed processes and risk appetite.
You will spend much of your time delivering underwriting decisions and managing Accounts. You will use your strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills to manage the underwriting of a portfolio of accounts.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Reviewing allocated cases and deliver underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Contributing to technical audits and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Managing complaints within own licence level in an appropriate fashion to maintain quality and continuity of relationships.
- Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors and Accounts.
- Actively engaging in the identification, prioritisation, negotiation and winning of new Account relationships in line with agreed business strategies and delegated authorities.
- Quality and profitability of underwriting decisions and account management
- Feedback from customers and colleagues
- Operational efficiency
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- Develop and maintain good internal relationships to support the end to end delivery of the customer proposition. Managing customer expectations and delivering the relevant Brand Promise whilst proactively identifying and pursuing up-selling and cross-selling opportunities at the same time as ensuring the Service Promise to meet the defined customer service proposition
- Renewals and optimise profitable new business growth.
- Understanding and interpretation of local markets
- Reviewing new business and renewal cases, where appropriate, and delivering underwriting decisions by following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a commitment to delivering quality results.
- Proven effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Complete the appropriate annual CPD requirement as defined by the Financial Regulator and/or the Professional Body to which you are affiliated, (e.g. III, CII, CIPD, ACCA)'
- Excellent internal networks and relations with the Sales function
- Excellent external networks and relations with customers and intermediaries
- This role falls within scope of the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) and includes a responsibility to directly manage or supervise other in-scope roles.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.