Credit Control Handler - Galway
Exciting new opportunity has opened up in our highly skilled Credit Control Team in Galway. We are looking to hire an experienced Credit Control Handler to join our team of 7 Handlers.
As a Credit Control Handler, the role will involve working as part of a small Credit Control team within our Finance function. You will be involved in delivering a designated range of services to internal and external customers to a high standard and defined SLAs. These services will typically be of a transactional nature e.g. premium collection, debt management; but will require coping with high and/or fluctuating volumes of activity and working to tight deadlines and consistent standards.
You will add value through your ability to interact effectively with customers, and wider team to spot items or issues that need non-standard responses and act accordingly, and your flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in volume or service demand. Using your technical expertise to support and develop others
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Dealing directly with internal and external customers to deliver customer satisfaction by carrying out a range of, mostly routine, transactions and interactions to a high standard
- Carrying out processes and transactions, accurately and consistently in line with defined timescale and service standards e.g. response times, record keeping, referrals, etc.
- Engaging with customers and colleagues to maintain open lines of communication, ensure mutual understanding and the prompt resolution of issues arising
- Managing Direct Debit Administration with customers
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities to add value through improved efficiency or effectiveness and/or enhanced service
- Adapting quickly to unexpected fluctuations in volume or changes in demand, operating processes or technologies
- Adhering to control and risk management policies and procedures
- Contributing to projects and initiatives as needed to improve operational efficiency, develop capacity or capability and/or add value for customers
- Proactively manage debt collection on assigned Portfolio of accounts.
- Ensure timely cash collection while maintaining the already existing good relationships with our customers.
- Achieve and maintain an acceptable age of debt.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Prioritise and manage a challenging workload while maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- To meet and exceed your assigned financial targets.
- Resolution of queries to facilitate payments from customers.
- To support the day-to day activities of the Team.
- Inputting cash
- Allocating cash
- Producing month end reporting including age debt
- Exporting and sending of statements
- Processing payments
- Reconciling cash book
- 1- 3 Previous experience in a Finance environment, specifically Credit Control, is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills with an efficient and professional telephone manner.
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Competent computer and keyboard skills.
- A positive attitude and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Exceptional organisational skills with accuracy & attention to detail
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.