Head of Digital
Unique new career opportunity to lead our new Digital function in RSA Insurance & 123.ie. This role is responsible for developing and implementing the Digital Strategy RSA Ireland business, including 123.ie. Managing a team on 3 direct reports
As the Head of Digital will be responsible for the end to end ownership of the digital customer experience and will co-ordinate and collaborate with all key stakeholders to set the requirements for each initiative to successfully deliver on the Digital strategy. You will be required to track and measure each of the digital initiatives ensuring the successful implementation and ongoing improvements. You will be tasked with planning and delivering an effective digital strategy to achieve the business goals.
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Defining, planning and implementing the direction of the overall digital strategy.
- Managing a Digital Team which will consist of a Product Owner/Manager, CRO specialist and Digital Executive
- Effective resource planning, management, reporting and coordination of projects/initiatives to deliver change in line with availability and business requirements.
- Setting and agreeing specific KPI’s for each digital initiative ranging from growth, retention and expense savings.
- Working with the IT, Operations, Marketing and Sales teams to coordinate requests for estimation and resourcing for projects which are linked to or impact the digital strategy.
- Coordinating and managing the annual digital team's delivery roadmap.
- Ongoing management of 3rd Party partner agencies ensuring 123.ie are delivering best in class Digital CX design.
- Working with the IT and data analyst teams to regularly monitor and review site performance against agreed KPI’s.
- Maintaining best practices and processes across the digital team for the consistent delivery of digital projects.
- Engaging with and reporting to key stakeholders, including the Executive Team in RSA and 123.ie on Digital strategy implementation to harness their support in its delivery
- Developing on-going plans for delivery activities and manage any allocated resources to ensure that the team delivers to committed tasks.
- Driving Digital Innovation and cultural adoption by working with teams across the business to generate innovative digital solutions for products, services, processes, customer experiences, marketing channels, and business models.
- Developing digital talent by working closely with HR to attract and retain top talent, and to build digital capabilities across the company
- Successful delivery of the business Digital strategy
- NPS and Customer Satisfaction scores
- Quality and performance against internal and external benchmarks
- Impact on overarching organisational goals of growth, retention, and efficiency.
- Management and control of costs and resources
- Compliance with all legal, regulatory and organisational requirements
- Compliance with material legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Feedback from Leader and from key external stakeholders, customers, brokers, business partners, regulatory bodies etc
- Effective ongoing management of business risks
- Qualification in Marketing, Project Management, Web Development or Behavior Science preferable.
- Programme/Project Management
- Understanding of Digital
- Knowledge in agile methodology
- Experience of leading a team in a customer focussed business
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of a Digital strategy in a competitive market.
- Strong understanding of current and developing technologies
- Experience of managing digital projects from initial concept to launch
- Comprehensive understanding of consumer trends and digital technologies
- Building strong internal and external relationships
- Strong Planning & Organisational skills
- Influencing individuals and groups, both internally or externally
- Thinking creatively to generate solutions and motivating others
- Experience working with multi-functional teams
- Must demonstrate full compliance with all legal requirements and all relevant RSA policies
- Must satisfy any local regulatory requirements & criteria
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.