An excellent role leading our highly skilled and experienced CompliantsTeam. This is a great opportunity to work cross functionally with a number of different areas of our business.
As Complaints Manager reporting directly to the Head of Customer Strategy and Innovation, you will have full responsibility for the complaints handling team (Technical Specialist and 5 complaint handlers) and processes, ensuring a customer centric and compliant process for handling verbal and written complaints. You will guide your team, providing clear direction and developing your direct report’s professional capabilities.
Here in RSA Insurance and 123.ie we have a highly skilled team to ensure we deliver an outstanding customer experience at every point of contact. We pride ourselves on being an innovative leader in the insurance industry when it comes to what we provide and how we provide it. We commit to exceptional standards of customer care and professionalism. We can offer you a vibrant and dynamic environment to work in and will support you in obtaining your insurance qualification and most importantly developing a highly rewarding career in insurance.
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Manage and engage staff through clear objective-setting, regular one-to-ones and development opportunities
- Establish and maintain a high standard for productivity, quality and customer engagement
- Lead your team to handle all customer complaints in line with the highest standards and with strict adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Oversight of Complaints Management across RSA and 123.ie
- Ensuring business areas are identifying and handling complaints in line with CPC.
- Formal training provided to business areas throughout the year along with running weekly referral sessions and taking ad hoc referrals from across the business on a case by case basis.
- Manage quarterly complaint monitoring programme
- Ownership & management of complaint tool – Complaint Database
- Provide analysis and insight of complaints to ensure there is a detailed understanding of what customers are complaining about.
- FSPO Engagement and Case Management
- Case management of FSPO complaints from mediation through to adjudication and reporting on learnings and feedback to key stakeholders across RSA.
- Leading senior complaint handlers to case manage FSPO cases also to support.
- Managing reporting requirements internally & externally
- Bi Annual Conduct of Business Returns to CBI via Regulatory Risk team
- Provide analysis and insight of complaints to ensure there is a detailed understanding of what customers are complaining about
- Provide recommendations and work with the relevant stakeholders to implement changes to improve customer satisfaction
- APA Qualifed
- Motivates and develops team creating a positive environment
- Achievement of personal and team/ performance targets
- Previous People Management experiences is necessary
- Personal and team compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Reporting timelines are met and to a high standard
- Increased efficiency within the team
- Personal and team application of People Expectations
- Feedback from internal customers and colleagues.
- Hold or be progressing toward a recognised qualification in line with the requirements of the Minimum Competency Code for this role (e.g. Grandfathered / APA / CIP / ACII or other recognised qualification)
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act. CF2
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.