Senior Commercial Motor Underwriter – Belfast
Excellent career opportunity to join our highly skilled Commercial Lines Underwriter team in Belfast for a 12 Months Maternity Contract. We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Commercial Underwriter with 2 years previous experiences within Motor or Fleet.
As the Senior Commercial Motor Underwriter, you will be involve building, maintaining and developing relationships with a portfolio of Accounts to secure profitable renewals and generate new business in line with agreed area/segment strategies, and underwriting the associated cases within agreed processes and risk appetite.
You will spend the majority of your time delivering underwriting decisions, managing Accounts and contributing to business development activities. You will use your strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills to manage the underwriting of a portfolio of accounts.
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Reviewing allocated large, complex or specialist cases and deliver underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level, to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Leading and/or contributing to technical audits and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Providing advice and guidance to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Leading or playing a major role in managing and developing an agreed portfolio of Accounts to maximise profitable revenue potential from new and renewal business and achieve agreed business targets.
- Leading or contributing to the development and monitoring of Account Plans, gaining agreement to and implementing them to secure renewals and optimise profitable new business growth potential at individual account level.
- Identifying, recommending and leading or contributing to the implementation of marketing activities, business development initiatives, etc to increase overall revenue, ‘share of wallet’ and business mix in line with agreed Account Plans.
- Managing complaints within own licence level in an appropriate fashion to maintain quality and continuity of relationships.
- Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors and Accounts.
- Actively engaging in the identification, prioritisation, negotiation and winning of new Account relationships in line with agreed business strategies and delegated authorities.
- Providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and/or experienced colleagues to address technical referrals and raise standards and expertise across the technical community.
- Quality and profitability of underwriting decisions and account management
- Feedback from customers and colleagues
- Contribution to account and business development
- Operational efficiency
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Complete the appropriate annual CPD requirement as defined by the Financial Regulator and/or the Professional Body to which you are affiliated, (e.g. III, CII, CIPD, ACCA)'
- 2 Year’s experiences in Commercial Lines Underwriting in Motor or Fleet
- Develop and maintain good internal relationships to support the end to end delivery of the customer proposition.
- Reviewing new business cases, where appropriate, and delivering underwriting decisions by following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a commitment to delivering quality results.
- Proven effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Hold or be progressing toward a recognised qualification in line with the requirements of the Minimum Competency Code for this role (e.g. Grandfathered / APA / CIP / ACII or other recognised qualification)
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act. CF2
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.