RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Commercial Lines Pricing Actuarial Trainee
This role will involve providing actuarial information, advice and services to support and enable profitable business development and effective operational management across all Commercial Lines. You will spend your time developing actuarial and statistical models, conducting detailed actuarial analyses and contributing to business development, management and change activities.
You will work with actuarial and underwriting colleagues to deliver ‘fit for purpose’ actuarial advice and services. You will interact with other functional areas aside from underwriting including claims, data analytics, finance and senior management
Study support is available for candidates looking to pursue actuarial qualifications
- Gathering required data (qualitative and quantitative) for analytical and/or modelling purposes, from agreed internal and/or external sources, in line with all mandatory data management, reporting and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with other departments to verify appropriate data sources and understanding of data. Cleaning and validating information collected to ensure accuracy and reliability, as far as possible.
- Building and operating actuarial and statistical models to meet business needs and requirements, ensuring methods and assumptions used are appropriate and consistent with relevant Group/Regional guidelines and reflect material regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the quarterly analysis and report on profitability for nominated classes of business
- Assist in technical analyses following the RSAII Pricing Process Steps
- Analysing information to identify variances, trends, anomalies, etc and explain, highlight and/or refer relevant issues to others as appropriate.
- Contributing to the development, maintenance and improvement of rating algorithms and platforms
- Make rate changes and evidence compliance with the change control process
- Preparing and presenting required reports, forecasts and other outputs to agreed standards in terms of timeliness, content and presentation on a regular and ad hoc basis as required.
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and reliability of output, providing appropriate guidance to others on implications and interpretation
- Contributing to product/proposition development, portfolio/reserving/ claims/capital management and business operations as required, through appropriate actuarial analysis.
- Contributing to corporate transactions and business change activities providing accurate and reliable models and forecasts to support decision making and action planning.
- Quality of information, statistical models and advice provided
- Feedback from internal ‘customers’ on quality and level of service and support provided
- Operational efficiency
- Compliance with material legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Mathematical or statistics 3rd level qualification or equivalent
- Part qualified actuary is preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAS
- Strong numeracy skills and understanding of statistical analysis
- 2- 3 years experiences of working within an actuarial or statistical environment (desirable)
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audience
- Developing collaborative relationships throughout the business
- Caring about the impact of their actions
- Eager to expand knowledge and skills
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.