RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Commercial Underwriter - Galway
Exciting new career opportunity within the Insurance industry. We are currently hiring for several Commercial Underwriting to join our expanding Underwriting Team in Galway. We are looking for individuals at entry level and are also looking for more experienced claims handlers.
This role as Commercial Underwriter will involve underwriting cases within agreed processes and risk appetite, and with senior direction & guidance, to achieve business development and retention targets.
You will spend the majority of your time delivering underwriting decisions, referring cases outside personal authority limits, supporting more qualified colleagues and contributing to policy wordings and managing customer interactions.
You will be desk-based working within a team and with other colleagues responsible for underwriting risks. You will have strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills.
We can offer you a vibrant and dynamic environment to work in, paid study days as you work towards or progress your insurance qualifications and most importantly a rewarding career in insurance.
- Reviewing allocated cases and delivering underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Identifying non-standard or complex risks and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Supporting more qualified colleagues in the handling of non-standard cases in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Quality and levels of service provided
- Feedback from customers and colleagues
- Operational efficiency
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Previous experience of the insurance sector is highly desirable, although not essential
- Strong customer services skills, gained within professional environments
- Confident, enthusiastic and professional phone manner
- Ability to deal with Customers over the phone whilst recording accurate information on systems
- Working in a large multinational call centre would be an advantage
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel to an expert level
- APA qualification or working towards this CIP or higher would be an advantage.
- This role is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards (“The Standards”), issued under Section 50 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 and any subsequent amendments. The role holder must ensure they are fully aware of the Standards and in a position to fully comply with them at all times.
- “This role falls within scope of the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) and requires the jobholder to have attained or be working towards the status of ‘Qualified Person’ in the relevant function(s) e.g. personal lines, commercial lines and claims, or have attained a Statement of Grandfathered Status in the relevant function(s). A New Entrant working towards the status of ‘Qualified Person’ must be supervised by a Qualified Person or a Grandfathered Person. The status of ‘Qualified Person’ can be achieved through attaining the qualification of Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP), Accredited Product Advisor (APA), or Associate or Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII or FCII). The jobholder must also comply with all CPD requirements as outlined in the MCC. “
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.