Customer Claims Handler
Culture and Community
Culture and community is important to us. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life, that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
- A competitive salary with an achievable performance related bonus
- Exam sponsorship & study leave to achieve the Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP) in General Insurance with a reward upon completion.
- Sociable hours of work Monday to Friday with no weekend work.
- A generous pension contribution
- 23 days annual leave plus additional company days and time off for moments that matter (with the option to buy more annual leave)
- Home and motor insurance discounts
- Generous family leave policies
- Great employee social events, recognition awards and team activities
- Energetic and open team dynamic
This is an exciting new career opportunity within the Insurance industry. We are currently hiring for a number of Claims Handler roles to join our team in Galway. We are looking for individuals at entry level (no prior insurance experience required) and are also have positions for experienced claims handlers.
- You will spend the majority of your time reviewing and assessing claims
- Having high levels of empathy and understanding for our customers
- Depending on your level of experience this will involve taking claim notifications over the phone, providing updates on claims, and working with customers and service providers to progress claims towards settlement.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Working proactively with service providers to ensure fair and efficient investigation and evaluation of liability and damage and agreeing appropriate repair, replacement or reimbursement.
- Supporting more experienced colleagues in the handling of complex cases
- Delivering the highest standards of quality and working with your coach to continuously improve
- Strong customer services skills
- Confident, enthusiastic and professional phone manner
- Ability to communicate with customers over the phone
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel desirable but not required
- Role is based in Galway
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.