RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Financial Reporting Accountant
This role involves working as part of a Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence responsible for management and statutory reporting at both Group and local entity level. You will spend your time collecting, analysing, interpreting and reporting on information, predominantly but not exclusively of a financial nature.
You will add value through your ability to deliver robust & accurate monthly results for a business area or areas, balancing conflicting demands and working to tight deadlines. You may lead or work as part of a team and will play a key role in the delivery of a robust Financial Control environment
- Working as part of the Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence to gather, validate and compile quantitative and qualitative financial information from multiple internal and/or external sources to ensure accuracy and completeness of reporting at both a Group and local entity level
- Interpreting financial information to determine causality, significance, business impact or implications and developing advice or recommendations for action to be approved by others
- Preparing financial statements on a regular or ad hoc basis to meet the needs of internal customers and stakeholders, within agreed timescales
- Ensuring information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible format appropriate for the audience in question
- Ensuring an appropriate control and compliance environment by participating in end-to-end process controls testing where required, monitoring control KPIs produced by FCF and highlighting issues to the Financial Reporting and Control Team Leader and Manager
- Communicating and liaising with internal finance colleagues (including the Finance Business Partners) and others as necessary in order to check accuracy, give or obtain further information and/or resolve queries
- Contributing to a robust financial close process, ensuring stringent financial control as well as compliance with Group policies and other regulatory requirements
- Adhering to internal service levels which have been agreed for the Centre of Excellence and the services it is providing to customers
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities to add value through improved efficiency or effectiveness and/or enhanced service
- Contributing to projects and initiatives as needed to improve operational efficiency, develop capacity or capability and/or add value for customers
- Leading, motivating and developing new or part qualified members of the team to deliver high quality outputs in the most effective ways while ensuring their personal and professional development
- Qualified Accountant with 1-3-years PQE
- Previous business experience in a Finance environment.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality analytics to tight deadline & customer expectations
- Insurance experience
- Flexibly working arrangements
- Previous experience in Insurance accounting role
- Experience of IFRS17 desirable but not essential
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.