RSA and 123
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Data Protection Manager – 11 Month Contract
The Data Protection Manager will be involves supporting the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in leading all aspects of the RSA Data Protection Policy to ensure RSA continues to follow its Data Protection regulatory obligations. A significant part of the role will be to work closely with the business to ensure appropriate implementation of an effective Data Protection Culture across all parts of the business including RSAII, 123.ie and RSANI.
There is a significant advisory and business partnering component and interaction with internal and external partners including the RSA UK & International DP Office and Intact Financial Corporation.
- Day to day responsibility for ensuring that the Standards and Controls necessary for compliance with the RSA Data Protection Policy are developed and maintained.
- Provide experienced advice and guidance to the business on compliance with data protection law and regulations i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and the 2011 privacy Regulations.
- Assist with developing training and awareness across the organization.
- Involvement in Projects, ensuring Data Privacy Impact Assessment (DPIAs) are performed where vital and review for efficiency.
- Assist with the design and operation of Data Subject Rights (DSR) requests.
- Be responsible for the resolution by the business of ‘Local’ level Personal Data Breaches and Risk Incidents to ensure Data Protection risk is mitigated.
- Assist the Data Protection Officer in the monitoring of RPAs and RAs raised against the Data Protection Policy.
- Support the operation of the Third-Party Management process as Risk SME for Data Protection due diligence.
- Update and maintain the Personal Data Inventory as an integral part of the Record of Processing Activities.
- Build a strong advisory and consultative capability within the RSA DP Office.
- Help promote a strong Data Protection Culture across the organisation.
- Attend various meetings, committees and forums as a delegate of the DPO.
- Liaise with the DPC, industry bodies and other third parties as appropriate.
- A certification/ qualification in Data Protection law is essential.
- Insurance and/ or Regulatory Compliance qualifications are beneficial.
- 5 years plus proven experience in a compliance / control environment is also desirable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Timely delivery
- Quality and consistency of interpretation and insight
- Presentation of information (graphic, written and oral)
- The jobholder will work on a remote basis with a view to moving to a hybrid way of working (in line with Public Health Advice) which would be office based in Dublin. Jobholder may be required to travel to Galway, Belfast and /or the UK occasionally and always only in line with Public Health Advice.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.