RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Trainee/ Graduate General Insurance Pricing Actuary
This job provides support to the Intermediated Retail Pricing Team by proposing the front-end pricing rates and structures for the Intermediated Home and Motor channel using Actuarial techniques, helping to ensure the achievement of Op plan. The team will also report APTP metrics and contribute to the production of KPIs/analysis etc. required to manage the intermediated portfolios and for internal and external reviews/engagement.
The individual will be involved with implementing proposed new pricing techniques and structures and contributing to actuarial and analytical advances/improvements. The individual will also appreciate all aspects of GLMs, GBMs, quarterly claims trending analyses and all the associated complexities and aspects of back end to front end pricing. As a result, the individual will also be required to have a close relationship with the Actuarial Team.
- Gathering required data (qualitative and quantitative) for analytical and/or modelling purposes, from agreed internal and/or external sources, in line with all mandatory data management, reporting and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with other departments to verify appropriate data sources and understanding of data. Cleaning and validating information collected to ensure accuracy and reliability, as far as possible.
- Work with Actuarial to specify, build and operate technical pricing models to meet business needs and requirements, ensuring methods and assumptions used are appropriate and consistent with relevant Group/Regional guidelines and reflect material regulatory requirements
- Implementation of commercial rating tariff using actuarial technical models
- Scenario analysis identifying impact of rate changes on profitability, business mix, conversion & retention
- New business & renewal optimisation
- Creation of demand models - renewal, conversion using GLM/GBM techniques
- Analysing information to identify variances, trends, anomalies, etc and explain, highlight and/or refer relevant issues to others as appropriate.
- Regular review of Intermediated accounts – (including AP/TP analysis, claims trends, loss ratio, COR, retention, conversion, etc) to identify problem areas
- Preparing and presenting required reports, forecasts and other outputs to agreed standards in terms of timeliness, content and presentation on a regular and ad hoc basis as required.
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and reliability of output, providing appropriate guidance to others on implications and interpretation
- Analysis of Business Mix to identify changes that can affect profitability
- Creation, validation & running of monthly transactional data warehouses
- Mathematical or statistics 3rd level qualification or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Intermediate knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and SAS or SQL
- Knowledge of pricing tools EMBlem, Radar & Optimiser and GLM/GBM modelling techniques
- Based in Dublin
- Position in retail pricing team
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.