RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Head of Operational Excellence- Dublin /Galway
Under the direction of the Director of Customer Operations , the Head of Operational Excellence is responsible for delivering all continuous improvement projects and initiatives, collaborating with Business Units and Support Functions to drive operational excellence and improve value from available assets. This role is responsible for establishing process excellence capability, planning and implementing multiple improvement projects utilizing several existing tools and levers (Lean and automation) as well as providing thought leadership on new techniques and tools. Although projects tend to be operationally focused, the candidate will work across multiple functions and must lead multiple senior partners to deliver change effectively.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting accurate benefit realization from any continuous improvement and Transformation initiatives
- Business Development Responsibilities
- Identify and drive operational excellence initiatives and projects across all customer facing business functions to achieve financial and/or strategic objectives
- Working with Operations & Functional teams to identify waste, conduct root cause analysis, implement process improvement & digital solutions across the organization
- Develop solutions to diverse business problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Work effectively with Operations and support functions to translate process improvement findings into sustained improvements and standard work
- Provide leadership and coordination of major improvement and strategic projects within the business
- Preparation and presentation of operational data creating insights and developing compelling cases for change
- Practice Development Responsibilities
- Guiding and advising the development of new propositions and technologies through knowledge gained in the market place.
- Serve as internal expert on tools and techniques, including Lean, automation etc. and mentor functional owners and leadership.
- Liaise with wider RSA/Intact Group to source best practice
- Lead external consultancies and internal robotics team to budget and scope
- Significant breadth of knowledge and practical experience in operational excellence and relevant change / process optimization methods (such as Six Sigma, LEAN)
- Knowledge of shared services delivery and large-scale IT operations, especially in the context of a third party outsourced model
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing a fit for purpose IT operating model underpinned by strong governance, processes and organization structure, capable of supporting a multi-line-of-business company
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively across internal and external boundaries and cultures
- Proven record of building and developing talent for the future
- Strong inter-personal / leadership skills:
- Skilled in analysing complex problems, formulating options, and using structured decision-making technique
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to relate complex process to varying audiences.
- Ability to think critically, and strategically to develop practical solutions. Detail oriented, outstanding planning, and facilitation skills.
- Results driven and adaptable with the ability to effectively manage concurrent priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen and adept at establishing partnerships and forming relationships.
- Proven track record of Performance Management delivery
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.