RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future: In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
FP&A Analyst — Galway
Exciting new career opportunity for a qualified accountant with 2 years PQE to join a highly skilled and experienced finance team as an FP&A Analyst in Galway. This is an excellent role to gain exposure to working as part of an FP&A Centre of Excellence supporting the requirements of Group, other local entities/businesses and the Finance Business Partnering team.
You will spend your time collecting, analysing, modelling, interpreting, forecasting and reporting on information, for business performance planning and management purposes.
You will have the opportunity to use and develop your skills in a variety of applications, ranging from investigating and trouble-shooting actual or suspected performance issues to working on corporate transactions.
This may include working across different countries and associated law and regulatory regimes. You will add value through your ability to understand and connect with others about business performance in a commercial context.
- Communicating and collaborating closely with Finance Business Partners, other business representatives and/or other members of the finance team as vital to investigate performance, develop opportunities, maintain alignment and share information
- Supporting Finance Business Partners in discussions with the business by developing reports and/or performing analysis to identify performance issues or support insight requirements
- Providing analytical support to the Finance Business Partners for decisions regarding investment cases and key business developments
- Carrying out financial and data analysis and compiling reports for various business purposes including:
- Monitoring and management of business and financial performance
- Input to strategic planning, operational planning, forecasting and QBR processes
- Development or assessment of business cases, capital requests and similar to ensure strategic fit and commercial feasibility
- Adhering to internal service levels which have been agreed for the Centre of Excellence and the services it is providing to customers
- Capturing, validating and compiling quantitative and qualitative information and data, from multiple internal and/or external sources to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Analysing financial and business data and information using a variety of proven statistical and other analytical techniques to identify trends, anomalies, gaps, etc.
- Interpreting financial information to resolve causality, significance, business impact or implications and developing advice or recommendations for action to be approved by others
- Preparing forecasts and reports on a regular or ad hoc basis to meet the needs of internal customers and partners, within agreed timescales
- Ensuring information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible format appropriate for the audience in question Contributing to a broad range of projects and initiatives potentially including internal reviews, development initiatives and corporate transactions
- Running and/or contributing to the development of financial models, forecasts and analytical processes to meet business needs.
- Continuously supervising of, and reporting on, the external marketplace to feed into team processes and outputs
- Contributing to the production of communications and presentations for external partners
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to choose and use a range of analytical tools, techniques and software packages
- Timely delivery of reports and/or analysis
- Quality and consistency of interpretation and insight provided
- ACA, ACCA OR CIMA qualified accountant with 2 years PQE working within a finance team
- May have a broad business experience, ideally in a mix of financial and business roles within the insurance sector
- Experience of working with senior people in a results-oriented commercial context
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Role is based in Galway
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.