RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organization that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organization.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognized. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programmer that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Property & Motor Damage Claims Handler – Part-time position
Exciting new career opportunity within the Insurance industry. We are currently expanding our Claims Team in Galway and have several part-time positions available. We are looking for applicants with strong customer service and/or administration skills or with insurance experience to work 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday. These positions will be based in our Knocknacarra office in Galway.
We can offer you a vibrant and dynamic environment to work in, paid study days as you work towards or progress your insurance qualifications and an exciting career in insurance
- You will spend most of your time reviewing and assessing claims, considering quantum & liability aspects, liaising with customers, internal colleagues and our service providers (Investigators, Loss Adjusters, Engineers, Solicitors).
- Depending on your level of experience this will involve taking claim notifications over the phone, providing updates on claims, and working with customers and service providers to progress claims towards settlement.
- Reviewing allocated cases and achieving claims settlements, within your licensed claims authority level and in line with claims best practice, service level agreements and in compliance with Regulatory Requirements.
- Handling customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Using and working proactively with approved service providers to ensure fair and efficient investigation and evaluation of liability and damage and agreeing appropriate repair, replacement or reimbursement.
- Identifying non-standard or complex claims and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Supporting more experienced colleagues in the handling of non-standard or complex cases or providing support to less experienced colleagues.
- Delivering the highest standards of quality and working with your coach, on the back of quality assurance, to continuously improve quality from both a technical and customer perspective.
- Previous experience of the insurance sector is highly desirable, although not essential
- Strong customer services skills, gained within professional environments
- Confident, enthusiastic and professional phone manner
- Ability to take care of Customers over the phone whilst recording accurate information on systems
- Working in a large multinational call center would be an advantage
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel to an experienced level
- APA qualification or working towards this. CIP or higher would be an advantage.
- Role begins on 27th September 2021
- Role based in Galway
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.