Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Commercial Lines Underwriter - Belfast
New Career Opportunity for an experienced Commercial Line Underwriter to join our Belfast office.
This Commercial Underwriter will be involved underwriting small-medium sized Liability and CP&E business within agreed processes and risk appetite, and with direction & guidance from more experienced members of the team, to achieve business development and retention targets.
You will spend most of your time handling renewals and endorsements, plus a small element of New Business activity, delivering underwriting decisions, referring cases outside personal authority limits, supporting other members of the team and managing customer interactions.
- Handling allocated cases (renewals, endorsements & a small element of New Business) and delivering underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Referral of more involved risks and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Supporting more qualified colleagues in the handling of non- standard cases in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Quality and levels of service provided
- Operational efficiency
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- 2 years Commercial Insurance experience
- Customer service experience in financial services industry.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum grade C or above in G.C.S.E Maths and English
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.