Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organization that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organization. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard. In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognized. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programmes that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Commercial Lines Underwriting Team Leader - 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
This role as Commercial Lines Underwriter Team Leade is a 12 Months Fixed Term Contract will be involve leading an underwriting to achieve operational, financial and quality targets. You will spend most of your time coaching your team, resolving queries and problems, providing clear goals and developing your teams professional and technical capabilities where appropriate.
You are likely to be based in an operations center usually working face to face with your team daily and also having regular interaction with other Team Leaders, Sales & Distribution and Portfolio & Pricing. You will have experience of leading a team and have good technical knowledge and operational management skills.
- Leading and developing the team to ensure underwriting operations targets are delivered (financial, quality and productivity).
- Guiding and coaching the team to increase professional and technical capability and improve underwriting service and quality standards.
- Resolving or facilitating resolution of complex underwriting queries and referrals that the team have escalated.
- Working closely with other leaders to effectively implement change and underwriting strategy to deliver agreed business benefits.
- Supporting and encouraging the identification and implementation of appropriate new and/or better ways of doing things so as to improve service and/or efficiency.
- Maintaining an effective and proportionate business control environment in line with internal policy and material external legislative and/or regulatory requirements
- Complete the appropriate annual CPD requirement as defined by the Financial Regulator and/or the Professional Body to which you are affiliated, (e.g. III, CII, CIPD, ACCA).
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status