RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Senior Fleet Underwriter
Jobs like this involve building, maintaining and developing a Portfolio of profitable renewals and generate new business in line with agreed area/segment strategies, and underwriting the associated cases within agreed processes and risk appetite.
You will spend the majority of your time delivering underwriting decisions, driving Trading activity within the Portfolio and contributing to business development activities. You will use your strong technical, analytical, relationship management and communication skills to manage the underwriting and pricing and pricing of risks within a portfolio.
You will work closely with the Trading Team, Portfolio & Pricing Team and Sales. You will use your analytical and communication skills to prepare and deliver timely, accurate and relevant information
- Reviewing allocated risks, which could be large, complex or specialist, and deliver underwriting and pricing decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Leading and/or contributing to technical audits and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Providing advice and guidance to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Leading or playing a major role in managing and developing a portfolio in order to maximise profitable revenue potential from new and renewal business and achieve agreed business targets.
- Leading or contributing to the development and monitoring of Portfolio Plans, gaining agreement to and implementing them in order to secure renewals and optimise profitable new business growth potential at individual account level.
- Identifying, recommending and leading or contributing to the implementation of segmentation and marketing activities, business development initiatives, etc. to increase overall revenue and business mix in line with agreed Ops Plans.
- Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors and Accounts.
- Providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and/or experienced colleagues to address technical referrals and raise standards and expertise across the technical community.
- Collecting, collating, analysing and modelling a variety of Portfolio-related data, identifying variances, trends, anomalies, etc and explain, highlight and/or refer relevant issues to others as appropriate.
- CIP Qualified
- Excellent negotiations skill
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness and understanding of relevant regulatory requirements.
- Strong Analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent Technical Underwriting skills
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.