RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Underwriter Customer Operations - Galway
Exciting new career opportunity to enter the Insurance industry. We are currently hiring for an Underwriter to join our expanding operations in Galway.
This role as Underwriter Customer Operations will give you exposure to Underwriting in the world of general insurances. We can offer you a vibrant and dynamic environment to work in, paid study days as you work towards your insurance qualification and most importantly an ideally entry into a rewarding career in insurance. This role will start on 15th November in our Galway office.
- You will spend most of your time on the phone providing excellent customer service and making underwriting decisions on car or motor insurance
- Working within your Underwriting licence at all times, and escalating underwriting decisions to more qualified colleagues
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction whilst maintaining excellent service levels.
- Focusing on Quality Assurance and working with a coach to develop customer service and technical (underwriting) skills
- Compliance with the Consumer Protection Code always
- Previous experience of the insurance sector, this is highly desirable, although not essential
- Confident and enthusiastic phone manner
- Strong customer services skills, gained within professional environments
- Experience dealing with customers whilst recording accurate information into a database
- Working in a large multinational call centre would be an advantage
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel to an expert level
- APA qualification or working towards this
- Role begin on 15th November 2021
- Role is based in Galway
- Hold or be progressing toward a recognised qualification in line with the requirements of the Minimum Competency Code for this role (e.g. Grandfathered / APA / CIP / ACII or other recognised qualification)
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act. CF5&6.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.