RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise, and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland, and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway, and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community are a key priority within our organisation. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued, and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.i.e., career progression is nurtured, and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Financial Accountant – 12 Month Contract
At RSA, we 're all about contributing for our customers and stakeholders. Our Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence delivers meaningful, robust & accurate results to our Parent Company and to all areas around the business.
We’re looking for a self-motivated qualified accountant who is a great communicator, a team player and always strives to make things better to join our Corporate Accounting team.
This job will give the suitable candidate an excellent opportunity to get full visibility on the end-to-end Insurance reporting experience.
Working within a busy team of up to 8 accountants, you will contribute to the delivery of the team targets by achieving your own objectives optimally. The candidate will report into the Financial Reporting and Control Team Leader.
- Preparing and interpreting accurate and important financial information for Management, Group and Central Bank.
- Communicating and liaising with internal finance colleagues including the Finance Business Partners, Credit Control, Shared Service Centre and other colleagues around the business in order to check accuracy, give or obtain further information to resolve queries.
- Ensuring an appropriate control and compliance environment by preparing or reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, carrying out control testing and highlighting issues to the Financial Reporting and Control Team Leader.
- Contributing to projects and initiatives by identifying and suggesting opportunities to give through improved process efficiencies and thinking outside the box.
- Leading, motivating and developing new or part qualified members of the team to deliver high quality outputs in the most effective ways while ensuring their personal and professional development.
- Well to start with, you’ll need to be a driven and motivated team player with a hardworking, a can do attitude and a passion for delivering to a high standard.
- You’ll need lots of initiative, an affinity for problem solving as well as an ability to work to set targets and remain calm under pressure.
- You will also be able to organise and prioritise your workload effectively.
- Naturally you will be an expert communicator who can relate well to customers and colleagues alike.
- Finally, a high level of passion, resilience and a good sense of fun will stand you in good stead.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 2+ years PQE
- If you have experience of the insurance sector and IFRS17, this is highly desirable, although not essential
- Experience of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel to an expert level
- Knowledge or interest in how line of business systems operates
- Ability to adhere to strict reporting deadlines
- Experience in SAP or another applicable accounting software
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.