RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Liability Claims Handler – Galway
We are currently expanding our Liability Team in Galway. This role as Liability Claims Handler will involve handling Injury or Liability cases using agreed claims processes to ensure appropriate reserving, achieve fair settlements and deliver business objectives.
You will spend most of your time, assessing information about a claim, implementing the appropriate strategy for that claim, managing customer interactions and liaising with suppliers, to proactively bring a claim to the right conclusion. While the role is based in Galway, due to current guidelines there will be a requirement to be able to work both from home and in the office.
- Managing a portfolio of cases to ensure each case is reserved appropriately in line with RSAI’s case reserving methodology.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of cases to achieving settlement, within designated personal authority level, in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Referring claims falling outside limits of personal authority to others promptly, in line with agreed referral procedures.
- Assessing claims against relevant criteria and experience to identify actual or potential issues and involving others as
- appropriate to minimise leakage and protect the interests of the business.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Organising and using approved internal and/or external suppliers to drive proactive settlement of claims.
- Helping and contributing towards the development of less experienced colleagues to raise standards and expertise across the team. Contributing to the identification of and research into new product and proposition development
- opportunities to ensure the claims components are feasible and appropriate to the target customer.
- Supporting Portfolio and Sales & Marketing colleagues by providing identifying improvements to policy wordings and supporting client reviews.
- To work always within your individual claims handling license.
- To help achieve departmental performance targets on Direct Settlements, Injuries Board acceptance rates, Compliance Diagnostics.
- To identify and maximize opportunities for the profitable development of the business through involvement in new business pitches.
- To have a full understanding of relevant legislation and market agreements/developments.
- To adhere at all times to Claims Best Practice.
- APA Qualification and progressing towards CIP/ACII preferred
- Claims handling or technical experience in an insurance environment
- Customer service experience in financial services industry
- To hold an APA Qualification and progressing towards CIP/ACII preferred. Must maintain CPD
- This role is a \"controlled function\" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011.
- Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as
- set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act. CF5&6.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.