RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise, and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland, and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway, and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community are a key priority within our organisation. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued, and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.i.e., career progression is nurtured, and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Senior Customer Service Operations Manager (Open to Internal Applicants only)
This role leads and is ultimately responsible for the delivery of service and retention to our Intermediary, Affinity and Direct customers. You will develop and lead the performance of a team of experienced & high performing customer service operational leaders and ensure they have the resources they need to succeed.
You will need to be an experienced leader of operations and people, experienced in integrating different activities to produce seamless service, while meeting challenging retention, service, efficiency, effectiveness, and business improvement targets.
You will also need to be good at creating powerful employee engagement and keeping people motivated in a tough and demanding environment.
- Delivering high levels of customer service through developing, leading, and managing a high performing service and operations team.
- Managing a team of service leaders, applying specific training and development interventions, to establish the capability and credibility needed to service customers, brokers, affinity partners while also supporting each team member’s wider, ongoing personal and professional development.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing employees through career development planning.
- Leading and motivating the team to fully exploit their capabilities and RSA/123.ie investment in training and development to continually drive improvements that will ensure delivery of the required standards of excellence in service and operational performance now and in the future.
- Developing the team to ensure that resources (people, finances, information, technology, etc.), processes, capacity and control frameworks are appropriate to the required standards of operational excellence and best practice, operating effectiveness and efficiency, and Group, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining open communication. Appropriately communicate organisation information through department meetings, one-to-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM (Instant Messaging), and regular interpersonal communication.
- Managing the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Reviewing performance data that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and spreadsheets, to supervise and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement and overall effectiveness.
- Representing Operations team at weekly pricing meetings with the pricing team to review rate plan and implementation of decisions
- APA qualified or working towards qualification.
- Active constructive participation in the Senior management team across 123.ie and RSA
- Positively contribute towards the strengthening of the business model through constructive challenge and a solution approach
- Mentoring & developing employee capability and career progression
- Implementing strong succession planning framework in the operations department and focus on the development of a high-performance team
- Experience of leading large teams of people engaged in diverse operational activities
- Lead competent and motivated managers
- Through those managers, lead teams to achieve on target results
- Experience of developing operational processes, technologies, and people
- Regulatory requirements are subject to change, and the role holder is responsible for maintaining an up to date understanding of the Regulatory environment.
- This role is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards (“The Standards”), issued under Section 50 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 and any subsequent amendments. The role holder must ensure they are fully aware of the Standards and in a position to comply with them fully always.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements for the business (e.g., Solvency II, Corporate Governance Requirements, Fitness & Probity Requirements, Consumer Protection Code, Minimum Competency Code, CPRA)
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.