RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise, and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland, and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway, and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community are a key priority within our organisation. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued, and everyone’s voice is heard. In RSA and 123.i.e., career progression is nurtured, and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.i.e., support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Operational Risk and Assurance Manager
Exciting new role within our Risk team. This role will be recommending and delivering ongoing enhancements to strengthen the Internal Control System and Risk Management Framework with a focus on the RSA Policy Management Framework and Internal Controls. In addition to extensive risk management experience, this will also involve working with a wide range of senior stakeholders from across the UK&I Business and Intact Group.
A significant advisory and business partnering component liaising in a positive manner with all parts of the organisation together with significant interactions with Board Risk Committee members, Executive Team members and external stakeholders.
A focus on providing assurance to the business in relation to the control environment.
Working in a cross functional manner to maintain and further develop the existing processes and frameworks in a ‘business as usual’ cycle.
Using your relationship building and influencing skills to effectively communicate the impact of risk on business delivery, embed a culture of policy and controls awareness across the business and liaise with key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the Internal Control Framework is at the required standard of excellence and best practice, operating effectiveness and efficiency and continues to meet Group, legal and regulatory requirements
- Engaging with the CRO and Business as a risk business partner to advocate what good a control framework and control culture looks like and to ensure appropriate action is taken
- Compilation and timely delivery of an assurance plan
- Challenging and engaging with all RSAII business teams to ensure processes, capacity, controls and associated frameworks are appropriate to the required standards
- Working with other Line 2 providers regionally and across the Group to ensure Ireland keeps pace with group requirements
- Supporting the management of Policy Management within the business to promote and foster ongoing development of policies, standards, procedures, governance and standards
- Maintaining developing and embedding the Risk Appetite Statement and associated reporting in the day to day running of the business
- Risk Reporting to various committees including the Risk & Controls Committee and the Board Risk Committee
- Promoting the integrity of the ERM framework with regulators and the Board
- Ensuring that the policy framework is up-to-date and robust and coordinating the policy review process
- Build a strong advisory and consultative capability within the Risk Function focused on the Internal Control Framework and policy framework
- Coordination of and proactive communication to the ‘Risk Champion’ network
- Based in the Dublin but may be required to travel to the Galway, Belfast and /or the UK occasionally
- Insurance Risk knowledge
- 5 years plus relevant experience in a risk, compliance or audit environment
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and progress same on own initiative
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status