Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
To empower people
Our Values — our DNA:
Love simplicity, Better every day, Do the right thing, Boundless ambition
We’re looking for people that are open, engaged, curious and striving to make a real difference – not only in their own lives – but in the lives of those around them.
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation.
We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Commercial Motor Underwriter - Belfast
Exciting new career opportunity within the Insurance industry. We are currently hiring for our Commercial Motor Underwriting to join our expanding Underwriting Team in Belfast. We are looking for an individual at entry level and are also looking for more experienced Underwriters.
The role as Commercial Underwriter will involve building, maintaining and developing relationships with a portfolio of Accounts to secure profitable renewals and generate new business in line with agreed area/segment strategies, and underwriting the associated cases within agreed processes and risk appetite.
You will spend much of your time delivering underwriting decisions and managing Accounts. You will use your strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills to manage the underwriting of a portfolio of accounts.
- Reviewing allocated cases and deliver underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Contributing to technical audits and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Managing complaints within own licence level in an appropriate fashion to maintain quality and continuity of relationships.
- Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors and Accounts.
- Actively engaging in the identification, prioritisation, negotiation and winning of new Account relationships in line with agreed business strategies and delegated authorities.
- Quality and profitability of underwriting decisions and account management
- Feedback from customers and colleagues
- Operational efficiency
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- Develop and maintain good internal relationships to support the end to end delivery of the customer proposition. Managing customer expectations and delivering the relevant Brand Promise whilst proactively identifying and pursuing up-selling and cross-selling opportunities at the same time as ensuring the Service Promise to meet the defined customer service proposition
- Renewals and optimise profitable new business growth.
- Understanding and interpretation of local markets
- Reviewing new business and renewal cases, where appropriate, and delivering underwriting decisions by following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a commitment to delivering quality results.
- Proven effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Complete the appropriate annual CPD requirement as defined by the Financial Regulator and/or the Professional Body to which you are affiliated, (e.g. III, CII, CIPD, ACCA)'
- Excellent internal networks and relations with the Sales function
- Excellent external networks and relations with customers and intermediaries
- This role falls within scope of the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) and includes a responsibility to directly manage or supervise other in-scope roles.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.