Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
You will be operating as Scrum Master for an agile squad, working closely with the team members to ensure release goals are set and met, through the application of Agile principles. As an experienced Scrum Master, you will guide the agile squad efficiently through the release cycle and where appropriate introduce improvements and refine working practices.
The successful candidate will have to manage multiple priorities with competing timelines, be passionate about building high quality enterprise applications and be innovative in their ideas from a technical, process and relationships point of view.
- Being an enabler for a passionate and skilled delivery team
- Exemplifying Scrum Values, Principles and Workday Core Values
- Guiding these teams and surrounding organisation on how to adopt Agile/Scrum practices
- Assessing the Agile/Scrum maturity of the team and coaching to higher levels of maturity, at a sustainable pace
- Encouraging a trusting, collaborative, and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of problem solving and systemic improvement.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove them and building great relationships with those who can assist.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external team communication, improving visibility, and radiating information through visual boards
- Supporting the Product Owner, especially with respect to product backlog refinement and maintenance
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least three years, operating across more than one high performing software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, influencing and increasing transparency
- Knowledge and skills of working with a Scrum Team in a scaled environment including remote teams and external dependency management
- Proven track record in championing adoption of Agile and Scrum practices
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Knowledge and experience in other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban
- Previous experience as a team lead in either development or quality
- Engagement in or the setting up of a Community of Practice
- Participation/involvement in Agile/Lean community
- Experience working with teams developing Financial, Accounting or Payment applications is a plus.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.