RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
We are here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
Our Values — guide everything we do and show what we stand for:
Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence and Generosity
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued, and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
CIO Performance Analyst – Dublin
The CIO Performance Analyst will manage accounts for approx. 20-25% of the overall annual budget and is made up of 11 cost centres. Approx. 33% of the budget is discretionary spend which involves layers of detail and complexity.
This analyst role is responsible for tracking the area’s financial performance against plan, analysing the performance, highlighting risks and issues, and proposing solutions/remediation and assessing the impacts of forecasts, all to provide critical data to facilitate the CIO and its cost centre owners to make tactical and strategic spend decisions across the area.
The role manages and operates all the required supporting financial processes that are essential to running a budget of this size and with all the varied components that make it up (no of vendors, contractors, resources, projects etc). This also involves providing monthly, quarterly, and bi-annual submissions to the Finance function and key reporting inputs to Group.
The role will also operate across the delivery function to track, analyse and report on delivery and project performance within the governance and control environment. Focus will also be on tracking performance against key delivery / project KPIs. The role will also be involved in ensuring that the functions and project personnel are educated and properly operate within the defined processes, procedures, reporting cycles and timelines.
- Work with all the Cost Centre owners to achieve an overarching management of the function’s performance against plan, providing analysis and insight into performance and variances and providing critical management reporting.
- Manage the PO and Invoice Payment process for all CIO function spend.
- Works with key partners to operate the resource and cost tracking and billing processes, providing submissions for key monthly and quarterly governance forums.
- Co-ordinate the CIO Function’s annual Op Plan submissions
- Provide all monthly, quarterly etc submissions to Finance and group.
- Co-ordinates key CIO Function Governance activities e.g. Monthly CIO Report.
- Understand Project delivery and governance processes to support performance analysis responsibilities in this area
- Support the development of business case components relating to project or change finance.
- Work with Change Delivery Team to identify, track and analyse Area and Programme/Project KPIs. Provide reporting and metrics to area leads.
- Provide support for the creation of project control, finance and governance artefacts and collation for reporting.
- Provide education and support to the key team members wrt the operation of required governance and finance processes, submission and reporting obligations and timelines
- Supporting the consistent adherence to the areas governance, finance and control processes
- Finance qualification preferred
- Understands basic level of Project Management
- Proficient in all MS Office products, specifically with excellent Excel skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening and communication
- Demonstrates a structured and organized approach
- Previous experience in business, project or finance administration
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.