RSA and 123.ie
Founded in 1710, we are a 300-year-old organisation that is empowering people to put the right things in place to prepare them for their future so that they can live a more fulfilled life free from worry and anxiety.
Built on resilience, expertise and human empathy, we provide insurance that makes people’s lives easier. We learn from our experiences and build on our strengths every day to deliver the best products and services in the market. We are always searching for the best protection for our customers with our extensive range of Commercial and Personal Lines products driven by our network of Insurance brokers, scale partners and via our 123.ie brand.
With a global footprint, we have leading positions in Scandinavia, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Middle East. In Ireland, we have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we empower our people work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. We know that if we plan for tomorrow, we can truly make a positive impact on people’s lives today.
Looking to the future
In order to be there for our customers during their greatest challenges we are looking for like-minded individuals who will embrace our strategy:
Our Vision — our ambition:
Prepared to make the difference
Our Mission — how we will live our vision:
Harnessing human expertise with agile technology
Our Purpose — why we go to work every day:
We are here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
Our Values — guide everything we do and show what we stand for:
Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence and Generosity
Culture and Community
Culture and community is a key priority within our organisation. We strive to create a diverse and vibrant workforce where everyone feels valued and everyone’s voice is heard.
In RSA and 123.ie career progression is nurtured and performance is recognised. We help people move forward in life that’s why we put steps in place to encourage our colleagues to learn, adapt and grow.
We cultivate an open and transparent culture where people can be their true selves. RSA and 123.ie support a stimulated workforce where individuals feel more fulfilled in their role and more comfortable in who they are as a person. Most importantly, we care about our environment and the communities around us.
We support programmes and events that give back and enhance the lives of the vulnerable and those in need. We have a dedicated Corporate Responsibility programme that facilitates new ways of thinking to help reduce our carbon footprint, protect our planet for future generations and give back to our communities.
Director of Actuarial
This role is responsible for leading the Actuarial function in RSA Ireland, reporting directly to the Chief Actuary. As a key member of the senior leadership team, you will shape the development and delivery of actuarial practice and business strategy.
You will influence the business to shape, and gain buy in to actuarial policies and principles, and support the Chief Actuary with driving the achievement of performance targets. You will ensure that the necessary actuarial capacity and capability are effectively developed and managed to achieve business targets.
You will be an experienced people leader with broad knowledge of the overall business and direct experience of working across all actuarial disciplines in a General Insurance company.
- Leading, motivating and developing the RSA Ireland Actuarial team to ensure the provision of comprehensive, high quality actuarial services and advice to wider RSA/Intact Group on all general insurance activities.
- Ensuring that the Actuarial Function is audit ready with a strong control framework to comply with Group and CBI requirements.
- Ensuring that Capital, Pricing and Reserving models are robust, agile and adaptable in order to respond to the needs of the business.
- Reviewing the key economic assumptions used to underpin all regional actuarial models in order to ensure regulatory compliance, best practice and consistency
- Leading the actuarial contribution to the development of RSA’s Economic Capital Model, providing actuarial expertise and modelling resources as necessary to meet business needs.
- Working closely with Financial Control through quarter end process and in preparation for IFRS17 implementation.
- Working closely with External Audit in order to achieve timely sign off on Actuarial matters.
- Acting as key advisor to the Chief Actuary on all actuarial matters in order to inform business decision-making processes.
- Providing ad hoc actuarial advice to the RSA Ireland Executive Team and RSA Ireland Board either directly or through appropriate reporting channels.
- Selecting, monitoring and overseeing the use of external actuarial advisers including the Indian Academy to support the Actuarial team in providing a comprehensive range of high quality, value for money, actuarial services
- Initiating, leading and/or contributing expertise to ad hoc reviews or projects of an actuarial nature as necessary.
- Relevant Actuarial Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior role in a General Insurance Company
- Management of multi-disciplinary actuarial/statistical organisation
- Senior management experience in a Financial Services environment
- Contributed to the development and supported the delivery of business strategy
- Detailed knowledge of the Irish regulatory environment and requirements
- The jobholder will be based in the Ireland but will be required to travel to other locations within the wider region.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.