Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
This role is responsible for leading the Actuarial function in RSA Ireland, reporting directly to the Chief Actuary. As a key member of the senior leadership team, you will shape the development and delivery of actuarial practice and business strategy.
You will influence the business to shape, and gain buy in to actuarial policies and principles, and support the Chief Actuary with driving the achievement of performance targets. You will ensure that the necessary actuarial capacity and capability are effectively developed and managed to achieve business targets.
You will be an experienced people leader with broad knowledge of the overall business and direct experience of working across all actuarial disciplines in a General Insurance company.
- Leading, motivating and developing the RSA Ireland Actuarial team to ensure the provision of comprehensive, high quality actuarial services and advice to wider RSA/Intact Group on all general insurance activities.
- Ensuring that the Actuarial Function is audit ready with a strong control framework to comply with Group and CBI requirements.
- Ensuring that Capital, Pricing and Reserving models are robust, agile and adaptable in order to respond to the needs of the business.
- Reviewing the key economic assumptions used to underpin all regional actuarial models in order to ensure regulatory compliance, best practice and consistency
- Leading the actuarial contribution to the development of RSA’s Economic Capital Model, providing actuarial expertise and modelling resources as necessary to meet business needs.
- Working closely with Financial Control through quarter end process and in preparation for IFRS17 implementation.
- Working closely with External Audit in order to achieve timely sign off on Actuarial matters.
- Acting as key advisor to the Chief Actuary on all actuarial matters in order to inform business decision-making processes.
- Providing ad hoc actuarial advice to the RSA Ireland Executive Team and RSA Ireland Board either directly or through appropriate reporting channels.
- Selecting, monitoring and overseeing the use of external actuarial advisers including the Indian Academy to support the Actuarial team in providing a comprehensive range of high quality, value for money, actuarial services
- Initiating, leading and/or contributing expertise to ad hoc reviews or projects of an actuarial nature as necessary.
- Relevant Actuarial Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior role in a General Insurance Company
- Management of multi-disciplinary actuarial/statistical organisation
- Senior management experience in a Financial Services environment
- Contributed to the development and supported the delivery of business strategy
- Detailed knowledge of the Irish regulatory environment and requirements
- The jobholder will be based in the Ireland but will be required to travel to other locations within the wider region.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.