Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Customer Service Operations Underwriter - Galway
Exciting new career opportunity to enter the Insurance industry. We are currently hiring for an Underwriter to join our expanding operations in Galway.
This role as Underwriter Customer Operations will give you exposure to Underwriting in the world of general insurances. We can offer you a vibrant and dynamic environment to work in, paid study days as you work towards your insurance qualification and most importantly an ideally entry into a rewarding career in insurance. This role will start on 27th June 2022 in our Galway office.
- You will spend most of your time on the phone providing excellent customer service and making underwriting decisions on car or motor insurance
- always Working within your Underwriting licence, and escalating underwriting decisions to more qualified colleagues
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction whilst maintaining excellent service levels.
- Focusing on Quality Assurance and working with a coach to develop customer service and technical (underwriting) skills
- Compliance with the Consumer Protection Code always
- Previous experience of the insurance sector, this is highly desirable, although not essential
- Confident and enthusiastic phone manner
- Strong customer services skills, gained within professional environments
- Experience dealing with customers whilst recording accurate information into a database
- Working in a large multinational call centre would be an advantage
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel to an expert level
- APA qualification or working towards this
- Role is based in Galway
- Hold or be progressing toward a recognised qualification in line with the requirements of the Minimum Competency Code for this role (e.g. Grandfathered / APA / CIP / ACII or other recognised qualification)
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act. CF5&6.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.