Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Motor Underwriter - Belfast
Exciting new career opportunity within the Insurance industry. We are currently hiring for our Commercial Motor Underwriting to join our expanding Underwriting Team in Belfast. We are looking for an individual at entry level and are also looking for more experienced Underwriters.
The role as Commercial Underwriter will involve building, maintaining and developing relationships with a portfolio of Accounts to secure profitable renewals and generate new business in line with agreed area/segment strategies, and underwriting the associated cases within agreed processes and risk appetite.
You will spend much of your time delivering underwriting decisions and managing Accounts. You will use your strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills to manage the underwriting of a portfolio of accounts.
- Reviewing allocated cases and deliver underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Contributing to technical audits and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Managing complaints within own licence level in an appropriate fashion to maintain quality and continuity of relationships.
- Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors and Accounts.
- Actively engaging in the identification, prioritisation, negotiation and winning of new Account relationships in line with agreed business strategies and delegated authorities.
- Quality and profitability of underwriting decisions and account management
- Feedback from customers and colleagues
- Operational efficiency
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- Previous experiences in Insurance or Finanical Services
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a commitment to delivering quality results.
- Proven effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Excellent external networks and relations with customers and intermediaries
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.