Technical Programme Manager.
Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Technical Programme Manager - Dublin
The role of the Technical Programme Manager will involve managing the planning and implementation of technical / infrastructure changes within the IT function. You will plan and manage a programme or a set of interrelated projects, to deliver on the strategic objectives. You will scope and establish the projects and ensure adherence to appropriate project management standards and overall controls.
You may be working to tight timescales and budgets and managing complex requirements and relationships. You will be a seasoned manager, have strong leadership and decision-making skills, and be able to influence others and maintain effective working relationships with key partners, senior management, and the executive.
- Define, plan and monitor project requirements and deliverables to ensure delivery to time, cost and quality.
- Manage the development and maintenance of programme/projects plans, scope and budgets as per defined standards.
- Manage relationships with sponsor, business owner and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure involvement, consensus, and buy-in.
- Engage closely with internal and external technical teams and Design Authority to ensure project objectives and deliverables aligned with strategy and plans.
- Manage programme risks, issues, dependencies, and interfaces to ensure potential problems are identified and controlled.
- Ensure Programme / Project delivery conforms with relevant standards governance and controls.
- Lead the development and implementation of benefits realisation strategies and processes to ensure that expected business benefits are assigned, measured, and tracked.
- Manage the development and implementation of programme and project closure activities to identify lessons learned, obtain sign-off of deliverables and assign remaining activities to relevant business areas.
- Lead motivate and coach project managers to deliver the objectives and solutions within agreed budgets and timescales within a positive culture and environment.
- Degree qualified and/or relevant Programme Manager experience (5+ years Programme Mgmt.)
- 5+ years of IT Infrastructure experience and proven track record of handling multiple technical projects concurrently with successful project delivery results.
- Strong knowledge of IT lifecycle, including familiarity with concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience managing large infrastructure projects including Cloud Migration projects, Decommissioning projects, Server Builds and Storage projects.
- Experience working with a Managed Service Provider and multiple 3rd party vendors.
- Service Management/ITIL understanding.
- Financial Services Industry knowledge – Insurance industry an advantage
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince, PMP
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interpret the audience and communicate accordingly.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants based on qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.