Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
IT Solution Architect
This is a senior level role within the IT organisation. You will be responsible for designing and managing technical solutions across RSAII (includes123.ie). You will be an experienced, capable technology leader who can drive the design and architecture forward within the company. You will have extensive experience in technology, change management, governance, and a proven delivery track record.
You will be expected to define the solution architecture on specific projects or oversee projects to ensure appropriate solutions. The Solution Architect will work with IT Management and the Enterprise Architect to develop and support implementation of the RSA IT Strategy. You will work closely with our application and infrastructure outsource partners, as well as our development and change delivery functions, and stakeholders across IT including Information Security, Operational Resilience and Service Delivery.
The RSAII estate is a mix of a Microsoft based set of applications hosted in a managed data centre, coupled with numerous SaaS offerings accessed directly, or via APIs. You will be expected to deliver against our “Cloud First” strategy, including migration of services to IaaS and SaaS solutions. This will include selection of and designing effective integrations.
- Support the development and maintenance of the IS strategy, and assisting with its implementation
- Select and implement integration tools and technologies
- Technical design of solutions for both on-premises and Cloud deployments
- You will be covering areas such as integration, systems design, identity, DevOps, and cloud migration/deployment.
- Effective identification and management of IT Risks, including supportability, redundancy, recoverability, and availability.
- Providing the right resources and technical expertise to support the assessment of the current and planned technology components of business change initiatives and ensure such components are appropriate and aligned with the IS strategy.
- Keep up to date with developments in integration architecture, design and delivery and leverage any opportunity to drive efficiency and quality improvement.
- Keep up to date with developments in Cloud hosting (IaaS, PaaS) capabilities and leverage any opportunity to drive efficiency and quality improvement within RSA II.
- Create the conceptual, logical, and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms
- Maintain and Create architectural artefacts
- You will have 6+ years’ experience in an IT role including at least 2 years in a Technical or Solution Architecture role.
- You have experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organisations.
- Technology based career, ideally in financial services/insurance
- Development of integration roadmaps for the whole business and designs and solutions at technical level.
- Experience in Cloud Migration, preferably to Microsoft Azure technologies
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- Good working knowledge of various technologies – Microsoft, AWS, Azure, Networking
- Azure Cloud Certification
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks, tools, and modelling languages, for visualisation and governance of complex systems, e.g. iServer, ServiceNow, CMDB, Visio, TOGAF.
- Experience of ensuring compliance with regulation and corporate policies
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
- Experience working in a regulated environment, including 3LoD
- Experience in an outsourced ITIL environment
- Knowledge and experience in security architecture principles and frameworks
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.