Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
IT Security Consultant
Jobs like this involve working in a team with responsibility for the governance, design and operation of Information Security controls and services across RSA/123.ie in on-prem and Cloud IT environments.
You will work closely with IT Outsourcers and 3rd parties to ensure Information Security processes and controls are being operated effectively to minimise risk to RSA assets. You will require a good level of technical knowledge and understanding of security threats, risks, and mitigating controls. You will provide technical guidance, challenge, and support in the area of IT Security.
- Drive and govern the daily operation of IT Security services including but not limited to User Access Management & recertification, PAM, DLP, AV, Firewall, IDPS, PAM, Email/Web filtering, SIEM, Vulnerability Management, Asset Hardening, DDOS, and patching, ensuring these services operate effectively.
- Having a good working knowledge of the solutions in use
- Governing service calls and ensuring the maintenance of service and compliance documentation
- Agreeing remediation actions and driving progress to close actions within a timely manner
- Maintaining a good relationship with and, supporting the outsourced services third parties to address any challenges e.g., change approvals
- Take a proactive approach to identifying issues within the security services, being able to challenge and communicate the expectations to the outsourced third party
- Determine, using best judgement when actions require escalation, to gain appropriate traction and meet commitments
- Conduct and oversee alerting triage within various security tools, such as DLP, SIEM and IDPS, providing guidance and feedback to improve alerting and triage criteria.
- Support the maintenance of and adherence to the IT Security Governance Framework. Review and challenge monthly security reporting, compliance, KRI/KPI’s and SLA calculations, ensuring suitable evidence has been provided
- Track and manage the distribution and remediation of web security vulnerabilities with the respective business owners and seek assurance from third parties.
- Understand and support the Security Strategy, assisting to identify areas of improvement within the security services that can benefit the strategic goals
- A recognised university degree or equivalent, specialising in computer science, information systems, computer forensics, or information security.
- Information security career, ideally in a multi-national FS environment
- Minimum 3 years’ industry experience in various aspects of IT Security, Risk and governance roles
- Experience with use of IT Security solutions, including Azure solutions
- At least one of the following Industry certification:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (desirable)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (desirable)
- CompTIA Security+ (desirable)
- IT / Computing Security Certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, etc. desirable)
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants based on qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.