Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Claims Technical File Reviewer – Belfast
Excellent new opportunity to enhance your career within the Insurance industry. We are looking to hire a Claims Technical File Reviewer to join in busy Claims team in Belfast.
This Claims Technical File Reviewer will be involve undertaking comprehensive reviews of Property, Motor Damage & Injury & Liability Claims files to monitor leakage and other defined areas of process compliance, assisting with the process to measure the financial, operational and regulatory impact of non-compliance. You will spend your time performing Technical File Reviews using the RSAII Claims Technical File Review Tool and any other reviews or quality control that the team is required to perform to support achievement of business goals.
You will use your technical knowledge, analytical and communication skills to assess, report and advise on the management, control and improvement of claims best practices. You will have strong communication and organisational skills with good attention to detail. This role will be based in the NI Claims Team & will report into the Head of Insight & Control, Dublin
At RSA Ireland our history goes way back. We can trace our roots to 1710. We are proud of our past, but we’re all about the future. A proud future powered by profitable growth and strong values.
Headquartered in London, we have over 12,500 people supporting our 9 million customers, in over 100 countries. We’ve a long-standing reputation in Ireland too and have been providing insurance solutions to the Irish market since 1721. With teams in Dublin, Belfast and Galway we support our customers through our affinity and broker channels and our 123.ie business.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of continued development, with our people at the very heart of it. ‘Your Best U’ is our people brand and reflects our desire for everyone to bring the very best version of themselves to work every day and we build our culture on our values of love simplicity, do the right thing, be better every day and boundless ambition. We are a flexible employer and understand the need to balance work and life outside the office. This is a flexible role with the ability to work dynamically.
- Developing and maintaining robust relationships with key stakeholders to influence, challenge and support the Claims Technical File Review Process and Business goals.
- Undertaking Technical File and Claims Leakage Improvement Reviews, reviewing live and closed claims files as required to identify process breaches and other areas for improvement.
- Analysing Claims Technical File Review results and assisting with reporting, recommending appropriate corrective action and requirements, including development needs for claims handlers
- Linking in with Technical File Review Manager and Head of Insight & Control as well as Claims Teams and Line Management to identify and develop improvement opportunities and maintain best practices.
- Conducting other claims monitoring and reporting aligned to key risk areas.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Group Claims Policy and its associated supporting Frameworks, specifically the Group Claims Technical Review Framework.
- Working with FCF, Risk, Regulatory Compliance and Audit ensuring claims supports the three lines of defence method of control. Ensuring all actions, remediations post any reviews are completed within the required timeframes.
- Contributing and managing the production of communications and presentations for stakeholders where applicable.
- Participating in Claims related projects as required and ensuring projects are delivered on time and in line with project scope and definition.
- Liaising with the Training Dept to ensure monthly QA checks are performed across all NI Operational Teams. Communicating results with Operational Team Managers to drive improvements and maintain best practices
- Quality of internal/external stakeholder relationships and associated feedback
- Achievement of personal and Team performance targets
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Input to Claims Insight & Control Team
- Professional qualification - CII or working towards professional qualifications (desirable)
- Minimum of 2 year's insurance experiences ideally in Claims
- Experience of working within a Technical Claims/Business Assessment environment
- Track record of delivering claims reviews, QA and change processes
- Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Primarily Belfast Office Based
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.