Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Commercial Underwriter – Galway
This Commercial Underwriter will involve underwriting cases within agreed processes and risk appetite, and with senior direction & guidance, to achieve business development and retention targets. You will spend most of your time delivering underwriting decisions, referring cases outside personal authority limits, supporting more qualified colleagues and contributing to policy wordings and managing customer interactions.
You will be desk-based working within a team and with other colleagues responsible for underwriting risks. You will have strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills.
- Reviewing allocated cases and delivering underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Identifying non-standard or complex risks and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Supporting more qualified colleagues in the handling of non-standard cases in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate is not applicable to the role
- Reviewing new business cases, where appropriate, and delivering underwriting decisions by following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- APA, CIP, ACII or equivalent insurance qualification
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a commitment to delivering quality results
- Breadth and depth of experience across a range of businesses, products or types of customer
- Experience of working in claims or actuarial roles
- Customer service experience in financial services industry or other service industry e.g. retail
- To hold or progress towards APA/CIP qualification preferred.
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status