Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Financial Analyst – Dublin
These roles involve working as part of a Finance Centre of Excellence supporting the requirements of Group, Regulatory and other local entities/businesses as well as the Finance Business Partnering team.
You will spend your time calculating, analysing, modelling, interpreting, forecasting, and reporting on information, for business performance planning, regulatory and management purposes. You will have the opportunity to use and develop your skills in a variety of applications, ranging from investigating and trouble-shooting actual or suspected performance issues to working on corporate transactions.
This may include working across different countries and associated law and regulatory regimes. You will add value through your ability to understand and communicate with others about business performance in a commercial context.
- Communicating and liaising with Finance Business Partners, other business representatives and/or other members of the finance team as necessary to investigate performance, develop opportunities, maintain alignment, and share information
- Supporting the quarterly and annual Solvency II reporting cycle by calculating and analysing the results of the Income statement QRT’s for several legal entities
- Supporting the production of existing Investment and Capital reporting requirements to key internal stakeholders within the organisation
- Supporting Finance Business Partners in discussions with the business by developing reports and/or performing analysis to identify performance issues or support insight requirements
- Carrying out financial and data analysis and compiling reports for various business purposes including:
- Monitoring and management of business, regulatory and financial performance
- Input to strategic planning, operational planning, forecasting and QBR processes
- Development or assessment of business cases, capital requests and like ensure strategic fit and commercial feasibility
- Adhering to internal service levels which have been agreed for the Centre of Excellence and the services it is providing to customers
- Gathering, validating, and compiling quantitative and qualitative information and data, from multiple internal and/or external sources to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Analysing financial and business data and information using a variety of proven statistical and other analytical techniques to identify trends, anomalies, gaps, etc.
- Interpreting financial information to determine causality, significance, business impact or implications and developing advice or recommendations for action to be approved by others
- Preparing forecasts and reports on a regular or ad hoc basis to meet the needs of internal customers and stakeholders, within agreed timescales
- Ensuring information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible format appropriate for the audience in question
- Contributing to a wide variety of projects and initiatives potentially including internal reviews, development initiatives and corporate transactions
- Running and/or contributing to the development of financial models, forecasts and analytical processes to meet business needs.
- Continuously monitoring of, and reporting on, the external marketplace to feed into team processes and outputs
- Contributing to the production of communications and presentations for external stakeholders
- Business, Financial or Statistical degree or equivalent, may also have MBA or equivalent higher-level qualification
- 2+ years PQE in an Accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, etc)
- Experience of working with senior people in a challenging commercial context
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status