Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Business Data Analyst
RSA is building an industry leading and best in class Data Analytics function. The Business Analyst will join a team of 4 Business Facing Analysts and offshored MI and BI activities. The Business Analyst will report to the Head of MI & Analytics.
The individual will have strong communication skills backed by solid technical capabilities. Proven experience successfully managing the delivery of Management Information and Business Intelligence across multiple business functions is a requirement.
The predominant focus of the role is the delivery of data, MI and BI in an agile context. The role requires to interface with the business functions ensuring that they have all the Data, MI and Analytics required for them to operate.
In addition to the team’s own ground up analyses, you will leverage the newly created technical capability of the Data Analytics team and its central Data infrastructure. It will be critical that Business expectations are set and that service levels are maintained. You will work in a team environment and will have personal responsibility for meeting the expectations of internal customers.
The ideal candidate will be rigorous, curious, ambitious, hands on and solution delivery focused. You will have worked previously in a similar role and proven yourself to be a trusted provider of MI, insights and guidance to Business stakeholders. You will have had exposure to data capture, processing and usage. Your analytical approach will be rigorous and your outputs best in class.
- Engage with stakeholders (business and IT) through the entire organisation
- Engage with operational stakeholders on a regular basis to:
- Capture and formalise business requirements including delivery timescales (PI planning, backlog building and refinement)
- Provide a high level of visibility to the business on the team deliveries and associated ROI/Impacts
- Leverage business acumen to propose transformation of business requests into addressable solutions
- Understand business context and value derived from the various cases undertaken
- Identifying analytics projects and business improvement opportunities
- Support the business in using the data and insights to: â€‹
- Ensure operational efficiencyâ€‹
Grow the business
- Ensure compliance to regulatory and group requirements
- Support the development of the data champion operating model in the business departments to ensure optimal use of MI/BI.
- Support the development of the data culture by promoting data analytics and data visualisation best practices and innovations.
MI, Analytics and Insights delivery
- Accountable for the delivery of the MI team (BAU and projects)
- Manage the definition, build, delivery and presentation of Management Information (BAU and projects) - working with the members of the team as well as external resources
- Work collaboratively with the Data DevOps team to ensure new and existing systems provide:
- accurate, timely and insightful MI/BI
- in a flexible, easy to access and use interface
- Support the engineering of the data pipeline to prepare the necessary data
- Identify and manage alerts and risks on all processes and projects under responsibility
- Information System Modernization: Continuous improvement to support the decommissioning of legacy system and processes
- Support the definition and implementation of the analytics roadmap as the organisation Data and AI Strategy is developed further.
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role
- Quantitate degree or Business Management degree required (NFQ level 8 and above)
- Previous experience in the Insurance Industry would represent a significant advantage
- Proven experience as a data analyst providing high value add outputs to business stakeholders is required
- Significant experience on data visualisation and analytics projects delivered in an agile context.
- Programming experience is mandatory. Qlik, SAS and SQL experience are strongly preferred
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing / Data Visualisation / Analytics solutions architecture
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status