Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
This role will involve undertaking detailed Liability and Property risk management surveys in the field surveying medium to large commercial insurance new business propositions and renewals and complete risk survey reports in line with customer propositions, product policies, risk strategy and appetite, and business strategy and performance targets.
You will spend most of your time in the field assessing risks at customer locations, gathering relevant information, documenting findings, identifying risk improvement requirements and recommendations for underwriting colleagues and advising customers. You will be field based working in various locations and dealing with customers on a one-to-one basis. You will have strong analytical, relationship management and decision-making skills.
- Undertaking detailed Liability and Property risk management surveys, completing risk survey reports and any associated risk control programmes identifying risk improvement requirements and recommendations where applicable for allocated underwriting cases at customer locations and deliver risk survey reports and risk control programmes to underwriting colleagues in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Providing directions and support to customers when prerequisite risk improvement programs are required to secure insurance and provide advice and guidance to minimize future claims.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous, and timely manner, escalating to more senior and/or qualified colleagues as necessary in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Identifying non-standard or complex risks and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Coaching, guiding and advising technical colleagues to ensure the development of technical knowledge and understanding of customers, and customers’ businesses and associated commercial drivers and risks.
- Contributing to the development of customer propositions, bringing knowledge and insight of customers, and customers’ businesses, commercial drivers and risks, in order to identify opportunities to increase penetration of existing customers and/or expand the business mix.
Attributes and Qualifications:
- Dublin based – servicing Ireland & UK locations
- Formal Insurance Qualification is a minimum with Third Level qualification preferable in the disciplines of either Risk Management. Engineering, Health & Safety & Construction
- Experience of working in carrying out liability and property risk assessments, underwriting and/or claims would be an advantage.
- Experience of working directly with customers in a customer service environment.
- Depth and breadth of experience across a range of businesses, products or customer types.
- Relevant qualifications, associated with relevant specialised areas (e.g. construction, technology, property, security, etc.)
- This role is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards (“The Standards”), issued under Section 50 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 and any subsequent amendments. The role holder must ensure they are fully aware of the Standards and in a position to fully comply with them at all times.
- This role falls within scope of the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) and requires the jobholder to have attained or be working towards the status of ‘Qualified Person’ in the relevant function(s) e.g. personal lines, commercial lines and claims, or have attained a Statement of Grandfathered Status in the relevant function(s). A New Entrant working towards the status of ‘Qualified Person’ must be supervised by a Qualified Person or a Grandfathered Person. The status of ‘Qualified Person’ can be achieved through attaining the qualification of Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP), Accredited Product Advisor (APA), or Associate or Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII or FCII). The jobholder must also comply with all CPD requirements as outlined in the MCC
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status