Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Senior Commercial Underwriter & New Business Team Lead (Open to internally applications of Dublin Commercial Operations function only)
This role is a combination of underwriting and people management, supporting and working closely with the Dublin Trading Team and the Head of Commercial Trading and Operations to achieve operational and quality targets.
It involves underwriting Property, Liability & SME cases building, maintaining, and developing relationships with a portfolio of Accounts to generate new business in line with agreed area/segment strategies and, secure profitable renewals and underwriting the associated cases within agreed processes and risk appetite.
You will be required to assist and support the New Business Dublin Trading Team, resolving queries and problems, and helping to develop your teams professional and technical capabilities where appropriate while also spending time in your core new business role.
In addition, it will involve leading the Dublin New Business team to achieve business targets and deliver the defined customer propositions. People management will involve monitoring the teams progress towards goals, underwriting discipline, guiding/coaching and developing professional capabilities within the team.
You will have strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills.
We can offer you a vibrant and dynamic environment to work in with support towards your insurance qualification and most importantly developing a highly rewarding career in insurance.
- Reviewing new business cases, where appropriate, and delivering underwriting decisions by following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite
- Using their knowledge with customers, colleagues, and business partners to develop propositions and/or win/keep business and/or improve performance and/or delight customers
- Actively engaging in the identification, prioritisation, negotiation and winning of Account relationships in line with agreed business strategies and delegated authorities.
- Managing complaints within own licence level in an appropriate fashion to maintain quality and continuity of relationships.
- Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities, and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors, and Accounts.
- Identifying non-standard or complex risks and allocating to appropriately qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately
- Designing and monitoring SLA performance within specific lines of business
- Supporting the on-boarding of underwriters and creating development plans/supports
- Identifying operational issues and suggesting possible improvements
- Monitoring and evaluating underwriter performance, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and taking corrective action, if necessary
- Preparing reports and analysing data to assist management as they determine goals
- Contributing to technical audits and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and/or experienced colleagues to address technical referrals and raise standards and expertise across the technical community.
- Develop and maintain good internal relationships to support the end-to-end delivery of the customer proposition. Managing customer expectations and delivering the relevant Brand Promise
- Working with Dublin Trading Team Manager and other Senior Underwriters to build an outperformance culture in the Commercial underwriting community
- Hybrid role will require some travel between Dublin & Galway
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a commitment to delivering quality results
- Complete the appropriate annual CPD requirements as defined by the Financial Regulator and/or the Professional Body to which you are affiliated (e.g. III, CII, CIPD, ACCA)
- Proficiency required in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and processing applications.
- Motivates and develops team creating a positive environment
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status