Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
At RSA we’re all about adding value for our customers and stakeholders. Our Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence delivers meaningful, robust & accurate results to our business and the wider group.
We’re looking for a self-motivated qualified accountant who is a great communicator, a team player and always strives to make things better to join our Corporate Accounting team.
This job will give the suitable candidate an excellent opportunity to get full visibility on the end-to-end Insurance reporting experience. Working within a busy team of 7 accountants, you will contribute to the delivery of the team targets by achieving your own objectives effectively. The candidate will report into the Financial Reporting and Control Team Leader.
- Preparing and interpreting accurate and meaningful financial information for Management, Group and Central Bank.
- Communicating and liaising with internal finance colleagues including the Finance Business Partners, Claims, Shared Service Centre and others colleagues around the business in order to check accuracy, give or obtain further information to resolve queries.
- Ensuring an appropriate control and compliance environment by preparing or reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, operating financial control process, and highlighting issues to the Financial Reporting and Control Team Leader.
- Contributing to projects and initiatives by identifying and suggesting opportunities to add value through improved process efficiencies and thinking outside the box.
- Leading, motivating and developing new or part qualified members of the team to deliver high quality outputs in the most effective ways while ensuring their personal and professional development.
Skills / Experiences:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) 2+years experience
- If you have experience of the insurance sector & Financial statement preparation, this is highly desirable, although not essential
- Experience of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel to an expert level
- Proven ability to adapt to change & learn new tasks & systems quickly
- Knowledge or interest in how line of business systems operates
- Ability to adhere to strict reporting deadlines
- Experience in SAP or another applicable accounting software
- You’ll need lots of initiative, an affinity for problem solving as well as an ability to work to set targets and remain calm under pressure.
- You will also be able to organise and prioritise your workload effectively.
- Naturally you will be an expert communicator who can relate well to customers and colleagues alike.
- Finally, a high level of enthusiasm, resilience and a good sense of fun will stand you in good stead
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status