Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
This role will involve undertaking detailed Engineering and Property risk management surveys in the field surveying medium to large commercial insurance new business propositions and renewals and complete risk survey reports in line with customer propositions, product policies, risk strategy and appetite, and business strategy and performance targets.
This role will involve organizing, managing, and delivering efficient and effective risk management and loss prevention services to support the winning and retention profitable insurance business. You will spend your time undertaking risk engineering surveys, completing desktop reviews, advising our customers and underwriters, managing loss control programmes, and delivering risk improvement with a focus on large/complex property risks.
You will be field based working in various locations and dealing with customers on a one-to-one basis. You will have strong analytical, relationship management and decision-making skills. Our Risk Engineering surveyors have a mix of industrial experience or formal risk engineering training, with in-depth knowledge of industrial processes and the special hazards they present.
- Undertaking detailed Engineering and Property risk management surveys, completing risk survey reports and any associated risk control programmes identifying risk improvement requirements and recommendations where applicable for allocated underwriting cases at customer locations and deliver risk survey reports and risk control programmes to underwriting colleagues in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Providing directions and support to customers when prerequisite risk improvement programs are required to secure insurance and provide advice and guidance to minimize future claims.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous, and timely manner, escalating to more senior and/or qualified colleagues as necessary to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Identifying non-standard or complex risks and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Coaching, guiding, and advising technical colleagues to ensure the development of technical knowledge and understanding of customers, and customers’ businesses and associated commercial drivers and risks.
- Contributing to the development of customer propositions, bringing knowledge and insight of customers, and customers’ businesses, commercial drivers, and risks, in order to identify opportunities to increase penetration of existing customers and/or expand the business mix.
- Dublin based – servicing Ireland & UK locations
- Third Level qualification preferable in the disciplines of either Risk Management Engineering, Health & Safety & Construction
- Property & Liability exposure experience
- Previous experience of working within this field with evidence of specific technical training and risk control knowledge.
- Track record of delivering risk engineering solutions to large/complex/specialist customers
- Quantity surveying and financial forecasting
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status