Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Finance Business Partner
This role is about leading relationships and managing the delivery of Finance advice and services for one or more specified business areas. You will be an integral member of the leadership team for that business area.
You will provide financial advice and guidance to your customer, plan and manage the delivery of services from Finance e.g. management information and reports to your customer and ensure adherence to appropriate financial policies and procedures.
You will add value through your intimate understanding of the business area you partner, your ability to bring value add insights, your ability to contribute to business performance and your ability to align the requirements of the Finance function with the business needs of the area you partner.
- Partnering with one or more business areas, being on their leadership team and taking the Finance lead on:
- Development of financially sound business strategy and annual operating plans
- Monitoring and management of business and financial performance
- Providing accurate and timely financial information to drive good decision making (including performance assessment, financial analysis, and business scenario simulations)
- Evaluating business opportunities, risks and issues and assessing their financial implications
- Providing insight and challenge to business managers and decision makers
- Development of business cases and/or remedial action plans to maximise performance
- Ensuring adherence to relevant financial policies and procedures e.g. applications for capital expenditure/investment
- Providing financial advice, business insight, guidance, and recommendations to their partner business area and/or involving the relevant specialists from the Finance function
- Engaging with the leadership team in their partner area and the finance function to agree the services to be provided by Finance e.g. routine management information requirements, ad hoc reports, etc. and managing service delivery to ensure the agreed requirements are met
- Identifying and supporting the drive for process and performance improvement within their partner business area
- Developing and maintaining a network of relationships within their partner business area to keep themselves informed and up-to-date on business developments and enable immediate engagement when action or support is needed
- Representing their partner business area within the Finance function, and vice versa, to facilitate mutual understanding, alignment and the prompt and effective resolution of any issues arising
- Leading and/or contributing to a wide variety of projects and initiatives as required, potentially including corporate transactions
- Engaging and collaborating with other Finance Business Partners and the Financial Planning & Analysis team to deliver high quality outputs in the most effective ways and to share insights and lessons learned
- A Qualified Accounting professional, or equivalent relevant experience, with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- May have operational and/or management experience in other business areas besides Finance
- Experience of working with senior people in a challenging commercial context
- Proven ability to work with the business to understand and interpret the practical business implications of financial data
- Proven ability to anticipate business performance issues/opportunities, provide insights and recommend appropriate action
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status